Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FED Bravo, or Fuel Efficient ground vehicle Demonstrator, is a diesel hybrid armored machine packing a Ford-sourced 268hp twin-turbodiesel 4.4-liter V8 engine coupled with an electric motor to power the front wheels. The system allows for a return of 8.2mpg city and 14.2mpg highway, not too shabby for a vehicle carrying a weight of 16,760lbs. Built by TARDEC and students at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.

write up and pics: U.S. Army Gets Fuel Efficient Transport in the Shape of FED Bravo

176310.jpg

176312.jpg

176314.jpg

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
what mpg do other vehicles in that same payload/weight usually get?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Wow! I didnt know that they got that bad of mileage and that this being a hybrid can only pull of 8miles to the gallon. I would hate to see a non-hybrid what like 5MPG?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
what mpg do other vehicles in that same payload/weight usually get?
UHHHHH you don't wanna know lol trust me lol. The cost of fuel is nothing compared to the cost of life, the heavy armor comes in handy.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
its Detroit , 1st off they probably didnt have anymore funding for some PPG base/klear , 2nd if it did have baddass paintjob best believe they would steal that thing if they knew how to start it lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts