Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I stopped by Mclaren of Philadelphia to see the two Mclaren P1s that arrived earlier this week. One of the being Carbon Black (from the look of it) and the other one being Mclaren Orange. Unfortunately, they were in the shop being cleaned, so I was unable to get any close-up shots. Here is the only picture I was able to take through a glass door:

I am going to try and go back on Monday with the hopes of them being on display in the showroom. If they are, I will post more pictures.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They posted up a pic of the black one on Thursday:

I drove about an hour pretty much instantly and checked them out..by the time I got there they had the black one in the showroom...I was asked not to take pics of the orange one. So I only have crappy shots of the black one with a bit of the orange before they covered it up...the sun was at the worst point of the day for cell phone shots. They were gorgeous.

And a cool little Abarth they had

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for those! I will have to check out their Facebook page. Did they say how long they think it will be there? The guy I asked wasn't sure.

Luckily this isnt the first two P1s I have seen, I saw another two in California during spring break:

I am hoping to borrow the T3i I used then for Monday so I can take some half-decent pictures.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The P1 is easily the best looking super car ever made IMO. Just flawless.

I wonder why they wouldn't let you take pictures of the orange one? Must have already been sold

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I wonder why they wouldn't let you take pictures of the orange one? Must have already been sold
I agree 100%. Both of the cars have already been sold, its just a matter of when the owners will take delivery.

I think they didnt allow pictures because either the owner requested it or sometimes the sales people don't like you taking pictures of customer's cars.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thank you for those! I will have to check out their Facebook page. Did they say how long they think it will be there? The guy I asked wasn't sure.
They weren't very open with me (understandably) but a 12c owner was there and the guy mentioned something about the Orange one going to the main line somewhere...I think it's being prepped for delivery currently...not sure about the black one. It had a sticker on the window that said Baltimore, but I think that was just the port it came in at.

·
Registered
307 Posts

AFAIK all 375 are sold, but I did see PA plates on the Orange one already so maybe they just wanted to protect the owners privacy?

Oddly enough I went home posted a few pics on instagram, and I see in the P1 hashtags the 12c owners young kid sitting in the orange P1 and taking pictures of it from every angle including the plate...but other friends have experienced the "Please no pics of the Orange one" when he was there picking up a customer car.

Supposedly this particular dealer is getting 17 more of them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AFAIK all 375 are sold, but I did see PA plates on the Orange one already so maybe they just wanted to protect the owners privacy?

Oddly enough I went home posted a few pics on instagram, and I see in the P1 hashtags the 12c owners young kid sitting in the orange P1

Supposedly this particular dealer is getting 17 more of them.
He actually was bragging to me on my picture that he got to sit in it haha

I heard the same thing. I really hope they are getting one in the same color as the light blue P1 that was at Geneva. That is my favorite color by far:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Damn that's a nice color, black on carbon black is my favorite combo of the P1 I think which is why I directly shot down there when they posted the black one, but it looks great in every combo I've seen so far, minus the green wheels on that Hulk colored green one.

cool color otherwise

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm hearing the Orange one might belong to a guy in his 20s with loaded parents. He also bought the Red Carerra GT they had a few months back as well..

I think this is the one since it was there on Thursday, but it has CT plates on it, so who knows?...We're gonna have to keep playing whisper down the lane, lol.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Beautiful cars. They're growing on me. I feel like black doesn't complement the body lines, whatsoever.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are you sure that's even a real color...

He actually was bragging to me on my picture that he got to sit in it haha

I heard the same thing. I really hope they are getting one in the same color as the light blue P1 that was at Geneva. That is my favorite color by far:

·
Registered
307 Posts
That green one on aftermarket wheels looks like a p-shop....the one I posted earlier in the thread w/ green wheels is an actual green P1.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm hearing the Orange one might belong to a guy in his 20s with loaded parents. He also bought the Red Carerra GT they had a few months back as well..

I think this is the one since it was there on Thursday, but it has CT plates on it, so who knows?...We're gonna have to keep playing whisper down the lane, lol.
I asked the kid how he got to sit in it, and he said the owner was there and allowed him to. I didn't ask how old he is, but it sounds like he is a nice guy.

I don't know about the CGT. I heard that one of the red ones is from Maryland, but I don't know the specifics. Either way it is a beautiful car.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I asked the kid how he got to sit in it, and he said the owner was there and allowed him to. I didn't ask how old he is, but it sounds like he is a nice guy.
Shit, that CGT actually has Maryland plates, I had to zoom in on the original pic, they look really similar to the blue CT plates.

I was around when the kid and his dad when they were there, I only saw one other younger guy in the dealer with me, but he wasn't giving off the owner vibe when he talked about how much he wanted the orange one, lol.

I must have missed the owner by minutes. Other things little birdies are saying is that he's the son of a Comcast VP/Exec and I've heard he is a nice person as well. See this is what happens when you wanna be secretive, the internet stalks you, lol.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Other things little birdies are saying is that he's the son of a Comcast VP/Exec and I've heard he is a nice person as well. See this is what happens when you wanna be secretive, the internet stalks you, lol.
That makes sense because I believe they live around the Main Line area. I also heard he is a regular at C&C West Chester, so hopefully he brings it out a lot

1 - 20 of 28 Posts