Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Russ in Aurora, Colorado. And, like most of us I am an amateur photographer. I will be trying to post pictures up as often as I get time of some things I am working on. As always, please give me any feedback! Pointers and tips from the pros would be amazing. I use the same areas most of the time, because I am trying to get the right focus on the cars vs the areas. I adjust the color using photoshop as I convert them from raw, to jpeg but that's all the editing I know how to do. I have my first paying job coming up in a few months..SO a little nervous, and and advice would be great!
Thanks in advance.

Camaro SS

·
Registered
797 Posts
What kind of equipment are you using? Have any lights or variety of lenses?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of equipment are you using? Have any lights or variety of lenses?
Nothing, I use a Fujifilm Camera, and a nice tripod. I don;t feel my camera is up to par, and plan on getting a new one.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Nothing, I use a Fujifilm Camera, and a nice tripod. I don;t feel my camera is up to par, and plan on getting a new one.
you hit the nail right on the head. It look to me like you have the skills but your camera is failing you. Photoshop editing can max out what your camera captures but it will only go so far. I would suggest canon rebel t3 or canon rebel t3i depanding on your budget.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do love Canon! I have seen some sort of kit, with 2 lenses and hope I can find even used for around 400? its a big dream I know.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More...

Trip to Florida, we stayed at my mother in laws house, on the ocean! What a trip.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Definitely need new equipment. An iphone has better image quality. Setup and angles are nice. LOVE the last shot you posted.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect...I will start my hunt today for a new rig. Thanks guys!
Also, looking used... Sony is so cheap, I found an a100 for 200 bucks, an a200 for 250...are they garbage?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Spend the money to get something quality, consider it an investment. Always remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
T2I Is what I am really looking for, I will look into it to see the difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More.. GSX shoot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts