Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
lol I was with a buddy looking at a truck the other day and they honestly said they they wouldn't tell him how much they would give him for his trade in unless he was 100% committed to buying the new truck.

·
Registered
789 Posts
My thoughts exactly.

Another weird thing he said...

He asked where I lived because if I lived closer to another RR dealer, they would not take my business because they only sell to locals.
Nope, that is standard Land Rover NA protocol. If they sell outside their territory they lose incentives.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nope, that is standard Land Rover NA protocol. If they sell outside their territory they lose incentives.
Exactly. Same with Ferrari/etc. This is all standard for every high-end dealership I've ever been to and done business with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i went to a range rover dealership on saturday and had no issue driving whatever I wanted.

Im 33 and look like im 25

Ended up picking up a 15 Sport HSE last night

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i went to a range rover dealership on saturday and had no issue driving whatever I wanted.

Im 33 and look like im 25

Ended up picking up a 15 Sport HSE last night
LOL. I'm 28 but look 21.

How do you like it? Payed cash/lease? PM if you don't wanna post your biz.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So far so good. Drove it home from the dealership last night and thats it so far. It hasnt even broken 100 miles yet

Its a 15 HSE with a bunch of options. Car is phenomenal in every way

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Op, take your business elsewhere. If they aren't willing to allow a TD, good luck in the negotiation phase.

I'm sorry but any dealership worth a sh*t should be able to use reasonable judgement to allow test drives. Only time I had to give anything other than my drivers license to take a spin was at the Ferrari dealer. I'd say go elsewhere
Funny how I test drove a F430 spyder for shits and giggles, being good acquaintances with the sales person and he didn't need anything - no drivers - no credit checks, nothing.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Several years ago, my father wasn't allowed a test drive at a dealership, and the salesperson rudely put him down as a dreamer (without checking his credit or anything.) He said nothing and left, ended up taking his business elsewhere. He came back to the dealership the next day with the two new Mercs he was planning to buy, and the salesman was beyond salty.

I've got a friend who's Chinese and not a citizen here, so he has to pay for everything outright rather than financing/leasing due to not having a SSN. He's a pretty short guy who looks like an adolescent, but he's actually in his mid-20s.
We went to a Nissan dealership last week because he wanted to buy a new GT-R, specifically a NISMO. He was looking at just a regular GTR, with the intention of test-driving it. He was fine with putting down a deposit or something, no problem.

This fatass, son-of-a-bitch salesman walks up and told him "don't touch the car, you'll have to win the lottery or something to ever afford it." He didn't know that he was prepared to pay cash outright, same day. My friend just laughed and we walked out. He's contemplating whether to report it to the higher-ups, or just let it slide.

I fucking hate car dealerships sometimes. Love the cars, hate the people.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These RR dealerships are puckered up because people keep coming in buying the v6 models and making 10-20-30% on them Exporting them as soon as they get the title. These sales guys have to go through all these classes to detect the scam. 18 year old comes in (obviously a straw buyer) and says oh my grandpa died left me some money I want to pay 80-90-100k cash for a car. These guys have heard all the stories if they suspect even in the slightest they will do everything they can, NOT to sell you a car

RR Dallas and RR Tulsa will put a $1 Lein on the car (even if you buy it outright) for 12 months. Other dealers will look you up on County Assessor sites to make sure you OWN a house in their dealer area, if you rent a $10,000 a month place tough luck, you have to own. Its actually very HARD to buy a new v6 Sport or Full-size

·
Registered
8 Posts
These RR dealerships are puckered up because people keep coming in buying the v6 models and making 10-20-30% on them Exporting them as soon as they get the title. These sales guys have to go through all these classes to detect the scam. 18 year old comes in (obviously a straw buyer) and says oh my grandpa died left me some money I want to pay 80-90-100k cash for a car. These guys have heard all the stories if they suspect even in the slightest they will do everything they can, NOT to sell you a car

RR Dallas and RR Tulsa will put a $1 Lein on the car (even if you buy it outright) for 12 months. Other dealers will look you up on County Assessor sites to make sure you OWN a house in their dealer area, if you rent a $10,000 a month place tough luck, you have to own. Its actually very HARD to buy a new v6 Sport or Full-size
8 month lien on my title even with a cash purchase for this exact reason.

If a RR dealer sells a vehicle that is immediately exported they lose future allocations and incentives

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
They need to get over themselves and just sell the goddamn cars. If I have the money in hand and you're selling the car, sell me it or I'll go somewhere else where my money is accepted. A lien is just ridiculous. Plenty of other cars on the market.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts