Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the 135i is a bit out of my budget. I'm thinking about getting a 128i and just installing a big turbo kit. Anybody got any brands in mind? (Dinan doesnt have shit... )

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Big mistake, it will cost you a lot more in the long run to have to convert the engine. Best bet is to get a used 135i and then just doing the turbo upgrade. Plus, there is a huge difference between the two when it comes to quality of parts (ie. suspension, software, brakes!)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
yeah, I would get a used 135 and go from there......

Vividracing had a pretty sweet 1 series build a while back. Put out like 400hp....Check their site....

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
can one of you list the bolt ons that would make it 400-500 hp?

I dont own one or plan to own one...but I love turbo cars that can be made fast for few parts

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
That's another thing, the 128 has almost no power mods on the market what so ever. With a chip you can get between 100-140 hp/tq gains. With bolt on mods you can easily achieve 500 hp
With a grip of bolt ons. Chip is only 70-80hp though. Maybe if you put every bolt on there is on sale besides like turbo upgrades you can hit 500. Low 400 to wheels is really easy and fairly cheap on these cars. Heck I own one and love it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts