Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is car #2 for Team Galag which I also got to photograph while they were building it down here in Florida.

Yes, the Tumbler...

Enjoy!

·
Banned
4,072 Posts
I didn't know they built 2 of them.

Didn't the one they took on the Gumball breakdown?

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Only one, this is number 2 of the cars they brought to the rally. They have that other ugly GTRish thing

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
If it's like the original it has this:

The basic configuration of the newly designed vehicle included a 5.7-liter Chevy V8 engine, a truck axle for the rear axle, front racing tires by Hoosier, rear 4×4 mud tires by Interco., and the suspension system of Baja racing trucks. The design and development process took nine months and cost several million dollars.

Trans I dunno, probably C6 transaxle

Reactions: HoonEsq.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I pulled the info from Wiki I don't know personally. They look like swampers to me

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I don't think it broke down during Gumball but heard it wasn't prepared to face rain that happened on the first leg of Gumball so they just transported it to the next location.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I don't think it broke down during Gumball but heard it wasn't prepared to face rain that happened on the first leg of Gumball so they just transported it to the next location.
that's exactly what happened. It wasn't going to handle the rain without leaking

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
such a beast

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To answer a few questions:

• This is the same car that was at Gumball 3000.
  • It didn't break down but the rain was too much and it wasn't prepared to deal with that.
  • It is powered by Chevy V8 from a Camaro.
  • There is no interior photos as the Tumbler's interior wasn't 100% finished when I took the photos.
  • Yes, it was a beast!
I wrote a rather long blog post about it...
Camere Photography

1 - 16 of 16 Posts