Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
This past April at the Texas Speed Syndicate - Texas Invitational, all of our attending clients put on a great show. Our team placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the "King of the Street" challenge, and our 2 clients who participated in the "6 Speed" challenge placed 1st and 2nd. Over all we have won 4 out of 5 "King of the Street" event in DALLAS TX, that being Tag with 2 wins, SW and KC with 1 each. We hope to add to it. ;)

But who would have guessed that the "King of the Street" was an Audi R8.

Special thanks to Marty Robertson for choosing Underground Racing to build his R8 Beast.

This video gives a small overview of how Underground Racing DOMINATED this event and allows you to experience KC Howeth's exciting race to the Title: "King of the Street".

We look forward in competing in the next TI in October. We will be bringing more. ;)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
how was the r8 so much faster? different kit?
Here is a copy/paste from what I said on Lambo Power

Trust said:
EDIT: On a power note, it's amazing how back to back runs affect efficiency. The A2W setups are solid, but against the yellow Viper for example, that was my 3rd run in less than 5-10 minutes and the car trapped 5mph less than it did the laps before, after a 10 minute cool down it was trapping mid 190's again. It's not like on the street where you race, slow down and get fresh air at 70mph for the next few minutes, it's run, return, off, start, pits, sit, line up, race. First event in the car and was still learning how to drive it, but for the other cars, it really just depended which car was the coolest and who got the hit, and who knows how to hit paddles or not (Mullet..)
Bottom line is out of the 3 UGR cars it beat, mine, Colby's, and Helms', 2 of us (Colby and I) got delivery of our cars at TI and had never driven them on any sort if high output before, and Helms' hit the brakes on the hit on accident as you can see. That coupled with various factors mentioned above makes for a very different outcome.

Reactions: pip

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Here is a copy/paste from what I said on Lambo Power

Bottom line is out of the 3 UGR cars it beat, mine, Colby's, and Helms', 2 of us (Colby and I) got delivery of our cars at TI and had never driven them on any sort if high output before, and Helms' hit the brakes on the hit on accident as you can see. That coupled with various factors mentioned above makes for a very different outcome.

Ok, i was just curious, because i sure would be pissed if an r8 was beating me when he has virtually the same kit.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ok, i was just curious, because i sure would be pissed if an r8 was beating me when he has virtually the same kit.
That makes no sense. In that case everyone in Indy Car should place the same lol.

Reactions: MrPatel
1 - 7 of 7 Posts