Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I had a horrible experience at Luxor a couple months ago. I might have nit-picked at everything since I work in the hospitality industry but that property legitimately SUCKED. People were rude (I got the impression everyone hated their job), housekeeping skipped our room one day and worst of all, I specifically booked that hotel because my fiance wanted to stay in the pyramid. When we arrived, we were "upgraded" to the tower because the pyramid was "all sold out." I wrote a letter to their guest relations department and basically got a "I'm sorry, now go **** yourself" letter back.

We'll probably end up at the Venetian or Palazzo next time.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I had a horrible experience at Luxor a couple months ago. I might have nit-picked at everything since I work in the hospitality industry but that property legitimately SUCKED. People were rude (I got the impression everyone hated their job), housekeeping skipped our room one day and worst of all, I specifically booked that hotel because my fiance wanted to stay in the pyramid. When we arrived, we were "upgraded" to the tower because the pyramid was "all sold out." I wrote a letter to their guest relations department and basically got a "I'm sorry, now go **** yourself" letter back.

We'll probably end up at the Venetian or Palazzo next time.
Yea Luxor is shitty. The rooms in the Pyramid are not great at all, so they did you a favor by getting to into the tower, even though you didn't want that. Those theme hotels leave a lot to be desired. I think you will be very happy with the palazzo. A whole different world. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is not really a hotel IMO.

For stays at the strip go to....
1. Cosmopolitan
1. Palazzo
1. Encore
2. Wynn
3. Venetian

Avoid ALL the MGM properties....yes that means city center

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was in LV for 4th of july weekend. Stayed at the Palazzo for the first time. Loved everything about the place. Honestly, im thinking about buying my parents a vegas vacation for Christmas and ill be sending them there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
vegas

going down to LV in september , looking for things to do and see anyone have any ideas would be much appreciated

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
^^^ +1 The cosmo has great view. here was my view last visit out there.

Reactions: In AWD We Trust

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sucks. Very few things irk me more than people that just take money from you and don't fulfill their end of the bargain.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Heres about as close to the Trump as I have been. from the 48th floor of the Wynn. DSC06732.jpg

·
Registered
345 Posts
I always wondered whether or not Trumps reputation for impeccable quality and service in all his buildings was overblown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Trump is so aware of their many shortcomings that instead of working on them they would rather give away rooms and services for free. Basically buying the gsi scores. Especially in the Spa. Just say it wasn't the best experience. Even if you showed up late and go through the whole service without saying anything once you get to the front desk they won't make you pay. No questions asked.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Welcome to L4P gauntgirl

41 - 56 of 56 Posts