Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
um no thank you.

i don't like gtr's, but it seems like a better option.

and yea, why new wheels every 10k? or do you mean tires? new wheels?!!! that wouldn't even make sense

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am not 100% sure but it would seem after every race the amount of metallic build up burnt and adhered to the wheel would throw the wheel off balance. Also making the wheel heavier. Like i said, I'm not sure, but I've seen some wheels with a lot of metallic build up. so much in fact it can not be cleaned off.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Who finances a Veyron? Rappers?

If you have a Veyron and can truly afford it, the other costs are menial... feels like lunch at the Ivy.

To everyone else, the numbers sound like a lot - but when you are shelling out between 1 and 3 million for a car - money is not an issue to give second thought to
I hope you not talking about birdman? Look him up. His company is worth almost a billion dollars. Look up the facts in forbs. they said he made well over 100 mill last year,

T-pain,

He has made well over 20-30 million each year since 2004 he also owns car dealerships and shops and he works on his own cars. He also owns the rights to several publishing co's that make large amounts of money.

Lil wayne. has made well over 100 million in his time forbs has reported that. his tours generate well over 60 million a year but also consider he tours 300 days a year,

Supposed jay z and beyonce own one and we all know they make 100's of millions of dollars a year, Jay z signed a tour deal with the same company that has U2, Jay z is best friends with warren buffett he is not your typical clown rapper.

Idiots that had bugatti's scott storch yes he has made 100 mill in his time but he also blew 30 million on coke 40 million in cars. He lost it all. there is a interview of him talking about going to the dealership and saying il take those and that and a car trailer would show up at his house with new cars monthly.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
why does moto gp, f1, and most of the other top shelf racing series replace wheels every race?

optimum structural integrity.

very important for those 250mph runs :)

- chuck

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
flo rida got a veyron?

nice!

dont care how he got it...still nice that he has one. met him via a mutual friend. very down to earth dude.
Yeah I've heard from people that he's a really nice guy.

Technically anyone that has more than the purchase price of the car in equity can afford it (or the payments at least), but how sustainable is it to purchase the car? People like T-pain, flo rida, and chris brown - if people stopped buying their music, they wouldn't be able to afford the car what so ever. In fact, if they went on a downward trend, they would have to sell most likely because they don't have enough cash to live forever especially on a rapper lifestyle. Jay Z, Lil Wayne, and Birdman are the ones who can truly afford the car like it's nothing and not worry.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I think T pain could...if he managed his money well....its not like he makes chumpchange at 20 mill plus a year.

key is it invest well and not put all of your eggs in one basket and he sounds like he is pretty savvy in that department.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
True but T-pain really only owns a record label. And every rapper it seems has a label these days, when you got other guys in the game killing the game, it's hard to break in. Jay Z, Lil Wayne, and Birdman are in everything now from commodities, clothes, fragrances, music equipment, production, yadda yadda yadda - they have diversified to have mega $$$$.

But I agree with you on the investing thing. It's amazing what $1 million alone can become using securities if you take a very aggressive approach with an iron clad risk tolerance.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If I had 100+ million, and made 10+ million income a year, I'd buy a Veyron without even thinking. Why the hell not. I'd pay cash for everything and have almost no debt anyway so what's a Veyron gonna do to me?.

And with that much money, I doubt I'd care about making "another million". That Veyron would be my daily driver. I'd take it to the dry cleaners and the grocery store, f--k the haters and all those prius-driving-save-the-world people.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
why does moto gp, f1, and most of the other top shelf racing series replace wheels every race?

optimum structural integrity.
that's true, granted they also beat the living hell out of the wheels 2 or 3 days in a row...veyrons for the most part probably don't even see the road 2 or 3 times a week.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
very true.

either way, it's not something i'd do. tires/wheels are 70k services every year. why? b/c the only place that can mount them isin France. if i had the money and went to order one and i was told, btw sir, every yr you'll spend at least 300k. my simple come back would be, "is that to polish gold or something?". no it's to send your wheels to france to change tires...70k!!!!, i'll bring em over myself. 40k delivery...um no thanks. if i'm that wealthy, i'll buy a house in europe and do factory pick up for like 20k(somehow that seems more justified)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think T pain could...if he managed his money well....its not like he makes chumpchange at 20 mill plus a year.

key is it invest well and not put all of your eggs in one basket and he sounds like he is pretty savvy in that department.
I heard T-Pain is more into boats :whistle:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
very true.

either way, it's not something i'd do. tires/wheels are 70k services every year. why? b/c the only place that can mount them isin France. if i had the money and went to order one and i was told, btw sir, every yr you'll spend at least 300k. my simple come back would be, "is that to polish gold or something?". no it's to send your wheels to france to change tires...70k!!!!, i'll bring em over myself. 40k delivery...um no thanks. if i'm that wealthy, i'll buy a house in europe and do factory pick up for like 20k(somehow that seems more justified)

its all relative. extreme performance costs money. a car that is designed by the factory (not a shop) to go 250mph will have a lot of safeguards build in and they also do the tire mounts and other stuff at the factory as safeguards....last thing they want is some bad PR because of some third party doing shoddy work. quality stuff requires quality control.

and I do see their point..
I have:

a bike that requires a $30k engine rebuild every 500 miles.

many sets of carbon fiber wheels that requires x-ray every 5 thousand miles....complete service and remake and reresin every 20k miles at the factory in south africa. you dont even wanna know what shipping to south africa is.

front suspension that is fully gas that lasts only 200 miles per rebuild...rebuild is a grand each time and has to go to vikingland a few times at the ohlins factory

I could go on..
do I notice the level of elevated performance over an ordinary bike? you betcha.

gota pay to play. those who make the sacrifices to do it...know exactly why they make the sacrifices and deal with all the bullshit. those who dont will never know. I suspect this is true with the veyron owner as well.

I doubt bugatti is doing this just to steal money...I am sure there is a method behind their madness. only they know how to balance their wheels/tires for that speed. only they know the fatigue points of their metals, weave reinforcement points of their carbon fibers.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not those guys they are doing it big for sure. Flo rida and chris brown are examples....
Chris brown does not have one. He had and interview and they asked him on mtv and he stated he was part of a ownership and he has a bunch of cars in la that he has dibs to as he called when he comes to town. What he was saying is he pays so much a year and you get so many points for how much you pay in or the level you buy in to.

Chris brown could easly afford one. He makes allot.

as for the other guy i doubt it i have not seen nothing online about flo rida with one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
A Veyron is obviously a statement car. Those that can afford it are saying "I have f-u money". In some industries, such as the music industry, it might be perceived as a positive image because it displays their success. But try pulling that off in say, the healthcare industry and you won't be looking too good.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts