Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full article and more pictures.

Trion Supercars (TSC), a California-based automotive company, unveils plans of launching its 2000bhp hypercar ‘Nemesis’ whose production is to begin in January 2016.

The Nemesis, which boasts a twin-turbo V8 engine mated with an eight speed sequential transmission, can hit 0-62mph in just 2.8 seconds and claims to have a top speed in excess of 270mph rivaling that of Koenigsegg’s 273mph and Bugatti Veyron’s 268mph.
I hope this doesn't turn out to be some other "Devel Sixteen" garbage. 2,000 HP is a pretty freaking big chunk of power.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess they've been working on R&D for the past x amount of years. They're hoping to produce a concept by next year and a production version by 2016.

I'm starting to get that feeling this will just be another Devel Sixteen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can't wait to see this... People will definitely be lining up for this one!!

Not..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Geezus christ optimistics have to get down on earth. I don't even think Koenigsegg or Pagani sold that much cars last year, let alone building a 2000hp car.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Comes with "predator mode" & a place for your golf clubs. This car is all over the place.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked at their Facebook page. They haven't updated in almost a month, but they swear something was coming soon.

I was secretly hopeful this would go against the norm and wouldn't be a bust.

Reactions: LaneChange

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I failed to keep this thread alive.

Update as of August 2015...

Two-Thousand-Horsepower Trion Nemesis Supercar Concept | Popular Science

We have to admit that when we first heard about Californian supercar startup Trion and its plans for a 2,000-horsepower supercar, we were a little skeptical. In fact, we even called the car vaporware at the time.

Well, it’s been a little over a year since the company first announced plans for the Nemesis, and it looks to be still in business. In fact, it has just shown off a life-size model of its planned supercar to potential customers at a private event in California.

Alejandro Salomon, an owner of several supercars and the man behind YouTube channel Salomondrin, was in attendance and managed to take this video. He explains that Trion is planning multiple versions of the Nemesis, one of which will be a limited edition model whose $2.2 million price tag includes not only the car but a share of the company.

The other versions will be a standard Nemesis N1-RR priced from $1.6 million, and a tamer Nemesis N1-GT that will have a 1,400-hp output, a roofless design, and a correspondingly lower price tag.

All Nemesis variants will come with a twin-turbocharged V-8 engine, and the cars will also have all-wheel drive and an eight-speed sequential gearbox. Performance estimates include a 0-60 mph time of 2.8 seconds and a top speed in excess of 290 mph. No word if there are still plans for the previously announced "Predator" mode.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts