Luxury4Play.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad day for Vboxing.. First, I tried to run the car like 5 or 6 times, and each time except for 1, the damn vbox shut off.. The power cable broke when I sent it out to use at the Miami Mile. I got this new top heavy universal cable and the slightest movement in the cigarette lighter shuts it off.. I dont know if it would still record the run until shut off?

2nd off it was very windy tossing the car all around... Same road I tested the Lp560 on, dead flat, approx 65 degrees..

This run was done on reg mode which boosts 15psi on pump gas..

0-60= 3.3 ( lots of wheelspin) (3.5 stock)
0-100= 7.7 ( full second faster than when i was stock)
1/4 11.5 @ 122.8 (stock mph was 117.8)

Im certain I could better this under better circumstances.. Lowering the tire presure would help alot as its set at 50psi in the rear and 43 upfront.. Next Ill try it on sport mode, which bumps boost to 17psi on pump gas...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Is it me or does 50psi and 43psi (respectively) seem really, really high? My dealer usually has my pressures set to the high 30's on the fronts and low 40's on the rear. Maybe I need to add some pressure? :)

Still, 0-60 in 3.3 and an 11.5 in the 1/4 isn't too shabby. I'm sure you've been asked 1000 times, but how does the 997 compare to the TT Gallardo?

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
^^^ I was just going to ask that, seems really high.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it me or does 50psi and 43psi (respectively) seem really, really high? My dealer usually has my pressures set to the high 30's on the fronts and low 40's on the rear. Maybe I need to add some pressure? :)

Still, 0-60 in 3.3 and an 11.5 in the 1/4 isn't too shabby. I'm sure you've been asked 1000 times, but how does the 997 compare to the TT Gallardo?

There is no comparison between the 2 cars inmo.. The Gallardo is 100x the car .. That being said the Porsche is great fun, and better for day to use as you dont come out to find 10 idiots sitting on your hood taking pictures of themselves.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Gallardo is 100x the car .. That being said the Porsche is great fun, and better for day to use as you dont come out to find 10 idiots sitting on your hood taking pictures of themselves.

Some people are completely clueless. I would be hard pressed no to give them some ballistic counseling.

Also, those times are pretty impressive but being cooler now, I'd lower the tire pressure to 35 on all four corners. Then increase until you find your sweet spot. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
There is no comparison between the 2 cars inmo.. The Gallardo is 100x the car .. That being said the Porsche is great fun, and better for day to use as you dont come out to find 10 idiots sitting on your hood taking pictures of themselves.
ghost and I saw ya on rodeo and wilshire today, what were ya doing in the anit fur protest LOL . also dont give me that shit that you dont like 100 people taking pics of ur car when u come back lol.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Some people are completely clueless. I would be hard pressed no to give them some ballistic counseling.

Also, those times are pretty impressive but being cooler now, I'd lower the tire pressure to 35 on all four corners. Then increase until you find your sweet spot. Good Luck!!
LOL how many people u know think a porsche is better than a lambo? i think ur the clueless one imo

·
Registered
625 Posts
LOL how many people u know think a porsche is better than a lambo? i think ur the clueless one imo
FYI Brainiac, I was referring to the people on the hood of his car taking pictures as the clueless ones.

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
what happened you put your lambo up for sale???? just saw it.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ghost and I saw ya on rodeo and wilshire today, what were ya doing in the anit fur protest LOL . also dont give me that shit that you dont like 100 people taking pics of ur car when u come back lol.
Dont really understand what you mean? Is that what was going on by the park? A fur protest? As for pics are you insinuating that I drove up and down Rodeo to have pics taken of me? Its closer to I drove down Rodeo to see if the new Mclaren dealer was open, and then I drove home.. As for pictures, of course I dont care if people takes pics.. I just care when they are sitting on your car or touching it.

Was that your black Porsche parked out there? The one with the horrible looking 14ft tall wing? Looks good appart from that.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bro your a clown. Money doesn't buy you class:wink:
Im moreso of the opinion that the guy who likes to run around creating fake accounts attempting to spam message boards in an attempt to sell shitty parts is the clown... :clap:

·
Registered
522 Posts
lol i was just messing with ya .just saw ya drive by. g sounds sick as always. ya its funny watching people do what they do to nice cars.hahah. a person actually kick the tire(on the 599 gto ) lol. yah that huge wing looks like shit but helps for track . didnt have time to wash or change wing back... also my whole front end is sand blasted so who cares now lol. is the mclaren dealer open yet?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol i was just messing with ya .just saw ya drive by. g sounds sick as always. ya its funny watching people do what they do to nice cars.hahah. a person actually kick the tire(on the 599 gto ) lol. yah that huge wing looks like shit but helps for track . didnt have time to wash or change wing back... also my whole front end is sand blasted so who cares now lol. is the mclaren dealer open yet?
If Id of known you were there I would of stopped by. I thought the dealer was open, but it is not. Doesnt even look remotely close to opening.. I had heard they had some grand opening event there, but I guess not.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts

I run my truck at 70 in front and 75 in the rear. ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.