Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Just got back late last night from two wonderful days @ NJMP Monday was Lighting (1x) and Tuesday was Thunderbolt (3x)! Wow what an amazing two days it was both days started out a little wet but that didn't put a damper on anybody's mood and really showed what some of our cars can/can't do in the rain, teaching us the importance of being smooth w/ all inputs...once the rain stopped after the first morning sessions each day the track dried up and I was able to really get a going and hitting my marks...if I had to chose one of the two tracks it would be very difficult b/c they are both amazing IMO Lighting is faster which is great & Thunderbolt is a bit longer and more technical...

The event was held by AUDI NEQ Welcome to the Northeast Chapter of the Audi Club & they ran a very solid & uneventful 2days, a good mixture of cars from Porsche (couple GT3's, GT3RS, GT2, 911 Turbo, 944, 911sc, C2S) BMW (3 e36 M3's, 335i, & my e92 M3) & of course a mixture of Audi's including 3 R8's (1 was a HEFFNER TT)

I have tons of footage that I took w/ a GoPro-even mounted it on my trunk to get some rear & exhaust footage, it'll take me some time to edit them but they should be up w/in a week.......subscribe to my youtube channel www.youtube.com/monstam3

Anyway not sure what trackdays I'm doing next but in October NEQ is going to Mt. Tremblant in Canada and I'm really leaning towards heading up there especially b/c I know some other people who are going...would be cool to get some other L4P's up there...read below

Circuit du Mont Tremblant

From Saturday, October 01 2011 - 8:00am
To Sunday, October 02 2011 - 5:00pm
by Thomas Mullane

Come enjoy peak leave season in beautiful Mont Tremblant on October 1 and 2!

The 2011 year AUDI HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING SCHOOL at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant, in Canada, is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday October 1st and 2nd, 2011. The event is hosted by the NEQ Chapter and the Audi Club Canada East Chapter of the Audi Club of North America, with the assistance of the BMW Club of Québec.
Le Circuit Mont Tremblant is one of Canada’s historic Formula One racetracks.Located in a world famous vacation wonderland, Mont Tremblant is about as near as you can get to real European character and charm without crossing the ocean. Check out the website for the track at LeCircuit.com . Le Circuit is one of the best tracks in North America!
If you haven’t already driven this uniquely challenging and historic track it should be on your "must drive" list. The circuit is located in the picturesque Laurentian Mountains about 1 hour north of Montreal and is 2.65 miles (4.65K) of thrilling straights, fast sweeping corners and technically challenging corners totaling 15 turns in all. This is also one of the few tracks which is literally nestled in the middle of a year-round world-class vacation and resort area with a distinctive European flavor offering a wide range of adventures and activities for the whole family. The fall foliage is likely to be near peak during our event making the already gorgeous scenery even better. Combine this with the world famous Québec culture and hospitality and you’re in for a treat both on the track and off.
Bring the family and make the trip a holiday. There are dozens of miles of scenic paths for hiking, cycling or in-line skating. Or you might like to take a scenic tour of Lake Tremblant, relax at the beach or play tennis at the Beach and Tennis Club. There are more than 100 challenging holes of golf within five minutes of the track and the gondola provides scenic access to the top of the mountain, where you can try out the 800 seat restaurant.

Achtung! Early bird sign-ups receive a discounted registration fee!

More info at www.Motorsportreg.com
I know its only June to be posting this up but w/ a trip to Canada it may take some a little more planning so hopefully some of you will sign up...from what I am told the area around the track is really nice and would be good for a nice getaway w/ the family....I plan on heading up a couple days early hanging out in Montreal then head up to trackdays ect...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Do you know cost for the 2 day Canada event yet?
Nik here is info quoted from motorsportreg site I highlighted in BOLD extra important areas below

The 2011 year AUDI HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING SCHOOL at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant, in Canada, is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday October 1st and 2nd, 2011. The event is hosted by the NEQ Chapter and the Audi Club Canada East Chapter of the Audi Club of North America, with the assistance of the BMW Club of Québec.

Le Circuit Mont Tremblant is one of Canada’s historic Formula One racetracks. Located in a world famous vacation wonderland, Mont Tremblant is about as near as you can get to real European character and charm without crossing the ocean. Check out the website for the track at LeCircuit.com . Le Circuit is one of the best tracks in North America!

If you haven’t already driven this uniquely challenging and historic track it should be on your "must drive" list. The circuit is located in the picturesque Laurentian Mountains about 1 hour north of Montreal and is 2.65 miles (4.65K) of thrilling straights, fast sweeping corners and technically challenging corners totaling 15 turns in all. This is also one of the few tracks which is literally nestled in the middle of a year-round world-class vacation and resort area with a distinctive European flavor offering a wide range of adventures and activities for the whole family. The fall foliage is likely to be near peak during our event making the already gorgeous scenery even better. Combine this with the world famous Québec culture and hospitality and you’re in for a treat both on the track and off.

Bring the family and make the trip a holiday. There are dozens of miles of scenic paths for hiking, cycling or in-line skating. Or you might like to take a scenic tour of Lake Tremblant, relax at the beach or play tennis at the Beach and Tennis Club. There are more than 100 challenging holes of golf within five minutes of the track and the gondola provides scenic access to the top of the mountain, where you can try out the 800 seat restaurant.

In fact, exceptional restaurants abound and there is a tremendous variety of accommodations, ranging from a Youth Hostel to charming bed and breakfasts, luxurious condos as well as full service five star hotels. But reserve early, as the “leaf” season is a busy and popular family vacation time.

Our banquet this year will be held at Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant. They are also offering a discount room rate on their Lakeview Suites for our event at $189.00 CDN per night with a minimum 2 night stay. You`ll find all the details on their website at Le Grand Lodge - Mont-Tremblant, Laurentides, Québec, Canada

Registration fees for students this year are on a staggered scale. We are offering an "Early Bird" discounted registration fee until August 15 of $525.00. Between August 16 and September 21 the student registration fee is $595.00, and between Sept. 22 until registration closes on September 28 the student registration fee is $695.00.

All costs are in US Dollars.

Although US dollars are accepted in Canada, you will save money by converting US dollars to Canadian dollars for your stay in Canada. For the best exchange rates, convert to Canadian currency before coming to Canada or at a Canadian bank or ATM machine as you arrive.

Cancellation Policy (revised 5/24/11) No credits will be given. All cancellations will be processed as a refund minus a cancellation fee as follows:
- $50 Penalty up to 21 days before the event
- $100 from 20 days to 7 days before the event
- No refund within 6 days of the event

Contact Dave Klock, Registrar, with any registration questions: [email protected]

Contact Alan and Wendy Bellavance, Event Masters, with any event questions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Saw a truck hauling a 996 GT3 on a trailer last night on the Turnpike..wonder if he was coming from NJMP.
arturo what color was it b/c there was a couple :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
seems like we are going to have a good group go up for the Mt. Tremblant event...we are talking about it over on FB...

as of now looks like

Nyspeedfreak-Nik--Caymen
Allan--Z06
andresito-andres--911TT
Monsta-Bill--M3
liquidvenom-will--CTSV
Jaime--GTI MKV
Johan--Shelby

who else is in?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
O man tempting lol
I was going to try and coerce you to get off your arse and hit the track! & come party in Montreal with all of us...even will is making it out from Michigan!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Less then a month until Mt. Tremblant on Oct. 1 & 2!!! We are going to have a blast!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Some Mont-Tremblant goodness.....LiquidVenom in his CTS-V, Me in the ///M, & Perry in the GTR

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
sadly Track season is coming down to an abrupt end...did my last day this past weekend at NJMP-Thunderbolt

Group of 14 of us went up to Mont Tremblant at the beginning of October....amazing time

finished off with 9 trackdays for the year not too bad but hopefully can get a couple more in next year

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
its only January but schedules are starting to be put together....anyone have anything in their sights yet?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
nope, just going to watch some rolex and le mans races at different tracks on the east coast. maybe late this yr i'll get my car out to a couple events

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dropping into this thread, dont want to jack it. BUT.....

I am a photographer, just moved to NY from Miami, and I am looking for a few cars to shoot for our Track Stance section at State of Stance. You will receive all pictures on a cd, Free of charge.

Here is a link to some of my past feature shoots. Enjoy, there is some ADV.1 content in there.

http://stateofstance.com/author/edward/

41 - 60 of 76 Posts