Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
So who's doing any...when & where & what group? & post link...

right now I'm thinking about April 11th, May 16th & June 4th A.M. events that are held @ Giants Stadium, I won't be able to do the other dates listed b/c I'll be away

here is the link
Autocross - HPDE - MotorSports North East

I haven't checked the bmwcca site yet or any other organizations but post up what your looking into & lets get a group going

TRACKDAYS!!!
Who's into them!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a good time Bill, do you think they will allow verts to run?
yeah you should be good to go just have to keep the top up...but definitely read up on the site for me info...

·
Registered
797 Posts
yeah you should be good to go just have to keep the top up...but definitely read up on the site for me info...
Every time I've autocrossed I've been able to drop the top. It actaully helps a bit by throwing some weight over the rear wheels.

BTW I can't believe I ran into you today! It was great seeing you one last time before I took off!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every time I've autocrossed I've been able to drop the top. It actaully helps a bit by throwing some weight over the rear wheels.

BTW I can't believe I ran into you today! It was great seeing you one last time before I took off!
Yeah I figured top down wouldn't be a problem but I have no knowledge of it since I've never actually seen a vert autox's when I've gone...

definitely dude good bumping into you yesterday & having small chat...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Trackdays

TRACKDAYS

Well Track Season is just about here!

Who's doing what & w/which organization, I'm currently waitlisted for 5/6 @ Pocono North w/ ACNA and I'm about to pull the trigger on May 30/31 @ Watkins Glen w/ Phoenix CMR

So lets hear it guys, lets get out and really enjoy our cars potential in a safe track environment w/out the risk of getting tickets ect ect

p.s. Request thread Title change to TrackDays/Auto X's in NY/NJ area so don't get confused...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll be at a bunch of trackdays again this year, as usual.

Don't bother with Pocono North...It blows. If they have the "FUSA" course (aka Full Course) than maybe do that.

Watkins = Great.
NJMP = Ok
LimeRock = FUN
VIR = Awesome

Autocross...Meh. :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be at a bunch of trackdays again this year, as usual.

Don't bother with Pocono North...It blows. If they have the "FUSA" course (aka Full Course) than maybe do that.

Watkins = Great.
NJMP = Ok
LimeRock = FUN
VIR = Awesome

Autocross...Meh. :eek:hwell:
I agree Pocono North blows but for $160 just to get out there & get the cobwebs off its a bargain...fusa is definitely better I've done 3 trackdays on the bikes on FUSA layout.

Glen I'll be there end of May

I'm dying to get to Lime/VIR but schedule is always blocking me from going

Mike which organization do you run w/? any specific dates your going?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree Pocono North blows but for $160 just to get out there & get the cobwebs off its a bargain...fusa is definitely better I've done 3 trackdays on the bikes on FUSA layout.

Glen I'll be there end of May

I'm dying to get to Lime/VIR but schedule is always blocking me from going

Mike which organization do you run w/? any specific dates your going?
Yeah, $160 isn't bad for a day at the track...

I'm a 'whore' - I'll run with whoever fits into my schedule. SCDA, HOD, Chin, Auid Club, PCA, TT4C, etc, etc...The only group I try and stay away from is PDA since you get the least amount of track time with them.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, $160 isn't bad for a day at the track...

I'm a 'whore' - I'll run with whoever fits into my schedule. SCDA, HOD, Chin, Auid Club, PCA, TT4C, etc, etc...The only group I try and stay away from is PDA since you get the least amount of track time with them.
I agree w/ your comment regarding PDA, I guess b/c most of their events include Races...yeah I'm not trying to be loyal to any group, wish more held days on weekends but I guess cost would go up and most tracks hold actual races/events on weekends

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree w/ your comment regarding PDA, I guess b/c most of their events include Races...yeah I'm not trying to be loyal to any group, wish more held days on weekends but I guess cost would go up and most tracks hold actual races/events on weekends
Yep. You nailed it...PDA runs FIVE groups, AND a race!!!! You're lucky to see the track for ~1 hour in an 8 hour day. F that.

Although, if you want to try LimeRock, PDA does 1/2 days on Saturdays - Upper level run groups only. You'll get 3 or 4 20 minute sessions.

If you've never run LimeRock, it's worth a shot..And they just repaved it about a year ago, so the surface is MINT!!!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep. You nailed it...PDA runs FIVE groups, AND a race!!!! You're lucky to see the track for ~1 hour in an 8 hour day. F that.

Although, if you want to try LimeRock, PDA does 1/2 days on Saturdays - Upper level run groups only. You'll get 3 or 4 20 minute sessions.

If you've never run LimeRock, it's worth a shot..And they just repaved it about a year ago, so the surface is MINT!!!
Nice! Definitely will try and get out there this season...

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow great music! What kind of camera are you using?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some old crappy Canon MiniDV. It's done ALOT of miles with me on the track, and never let me down.
nice thinking about getting one of these for track duty/runs

I have one of these that I use for Mountain Biking/ATV riding (I have hardwire to connect to battery) but need to figure out where to put the main unit so its not rolling around car since it can become a projectile & not allowed to have anything in the car while on track

1 - 20 of 76 Posts