Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Sports car

I am considering buying a used 2008 128i with the sport package loaded except for the navigation system.

Apart from the seat belt recall do anyone have heard problem with them or owns one?
I will be drive it in the winter so if some could tell me their experience with RWD BMW in winter ( I am in Quebec so I'll have snow tires )

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I havent heard of any issues with the 128. Even though the 135 gets more press the 128 is a damn good car. If you have winter tires and wheels you should be good to go in the snow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,
In fact I found a lot of reviews on the 135i but not that much on the 128i and most of the one I found were about the convertible.
I test drove it yesterday I really liked. I would like the 135 better but it's more expensive and I can't found one that I like near where I live.
Also this one as the sport pack with sport suspension, exhaust, seat and carbon fiber trunk lip

·
Registered
189 Posts
do you have some hills and mountains where you have to go up on a daily basis, because if yes, then depending on the ascent, you could have problems in the winter...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you have some hills and mountains where you have to go up on a daily basis, because if yes, then depending on the ascent, you could have problems in the winter...
Not really I'm in Quebec so everything is flat except for maybe 3 or 4 places in Montreal and I don't live there.
Also the car we only be use on week-ends and week nights since I have a company car for work.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I've driven my 135i in the mountains to go snowboarding in Oregon and Washington state when I lived there....never had any problems. As long as you have the right tires you will be good. Otherwise the 1 series is an absolute blast

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments
Tomorrow I'll go put a deposit on it cause I have to buy the "said" set of winter tires since the car comes with the 18" summer performance tires before I bring it home

·
Registered
322 Posts
So Creps, got your winter tires? Can't wait to try this new toy...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it's still under warranty so nothing bid for now
It already as the sport exhaust and suspension so it already as the "sporty" feeling
Depending on how much it cost :BMW OEM short shifter would be nice
Maybe some cosmetic mods, thinking about front carbon fiber grill instead of chrome and HID angel eyes instead of normal angel eyes

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not for now I think they are the nicest 18" stock wheels BM offers and they are nearly as new no scratch
Maybe later I'll switch for something else (lightweight, or go aftermarket )

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is it every Tuesday and if so a what time ??
Laval is to far lol don't feel like going there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.