Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else have a bad experience with Torneau Time Dome in Las Vegas. I went this week while in Vegas, with cash in hand to buy a new PAM. I assume since i was wearing a t-shirt and not a 3 peice suit no one wanted to waste their time on me. There must have been 10 sales associates on hand and no one would even greet me or ask if i wanted to see a watch. Being a salesperson the first thing i learned is you never pre-judge a customer. I will never go back to this store again. I went to Radiance in ARIA and was treated like a king even though it was apparant i could not afford 75% of the watches in the store. The service there was amazing. Since then i have called them and worked out a great deal on a Graham-London Chronofighter Overlord. just wanted to post my contrasting experiences at these two stores. Any comments?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've never dealt with Torneau to purchase timepieces. I just go there to see what's new and then call my AD to order the piece if they don't already have it. One of their sales people actually said "I know your not going to buy anything, but if you have any questions just ask".

Everything about them sucks. Their staff, prices and many times their selection. If you're in the market for a piece the sponsors on this site have a great selection and great service.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
thats so bad that you had an experince like that. but great someone else stepped up and helped you out. love the watch you bought.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
my local AD for Patek does not trust me, maybe he doesn't trust people in general but every time I would go in the store he would hold the Calatrava on my wrist, never let me actually wear it. Meanwhile my BP Leman Flyback sits there obviously failing to provide any credibility. I told the guy I would not buy from someone who doesn't trust me, how could i trust him? i do dress in very expensive streetwear in a very conservative city. i was just in costa rica in jeans and polo and tried on Parmigiani, Jaquet Droz, Hublot, RDubuis....hassle free. the prices however are insane there.

·
10,594 Posts
Tourneau sucks but atleast they trust me. I go to places like Watchtime and they let me play with pieces valued at 200k + without being shadowed by armed guards. Meeting these people at events outside their venue helps tremendously.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I've purchased two watches from Torneau here in town they took really good care of me.

My only watch experiences in Vegas were on the Gumball at the place in the Hard Rock where I couldn't walk past the place without getting kidnapped in to the store. They tried selling me a Frank Muller Conquistador that they had listed at 25k and tried to make me a deal for 15k. I have no clue what the watch was actually worth, but 10k off retail in Vegas? Seems like it is still a rip-off.

The other place was in the Canal Shops. They actually let me borrow a Big Bang to wear while they were cleaning my Cartier. They put the hard sell on of course, but still, it was nice of them.

My favorite place in the Canal Shops is the place that sells those Ice Tek watches...lol. Wall Clocks on pleather straps with the worlds worst diamonds crusted about the face and INSIDE the watch. VERY classy.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
When in doubt, throw the cash on the display case and say "Will someone help me now?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts