Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty nice premier tonight.
Looking forward to next weeks test of the Mclaren P1.

Mindblowing that they still haven't tested the Koenigsegg Agera R though...

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Dammit I always miss episodes when their originally air. Guess I'll wait until it's posted somewhere online like I normally do.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insane episode tonight! Awesome race along Lake Como, interesting military stuff, Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and amazing test of the Mclaren P1.
Epicness!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Episode 3, not sure why they even drove the zenvo. The car is ugly, overpriced, slow, prone to exploding, etc, etc, etc

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Episode 3, not sure why they even drove the zenvo. The car is ugly, overpriced, slow, prone to exploding, etc, etc, etc
+1

They must have begged or paid off the producers for them to test drive the zenvo. I find it funny that people who have money make a sports car price it extremely high and think people are gonna run and buy it. Jeremy was right on "who wants to buy a zenvo, when you can buy a ferrari, lambo, pagani, aston," etc etc.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
This sunday starts the 2 part christmas special or easter special lol. I hope its good, cause over all the season has been a bore fest, the chernobyl was only the thing worth watching.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Am I the only one that hasn't been that thrilled by this season? Every year they produce less and less episodes, from the original seasons with 20 or so episodes, down to what, 6 a season now? If they are going to make that few episodes, I really think each one has to be over the top amazing to watch, and this season has lacked that for me. IMHO

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
The car reviews i've lost interest, unless its a hyper car or certain car. star in the car I wish they would get rid of, the news is still pretty entertaining, and only thing that really makes TG worth watching is the challenges, my favourite still is the Albania-mafia "don't say car"

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
i had a good laugh at the cyclist safety videos they made.... "Work Harder... Get a Car"

Reactions: Redx

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree that this season has been a bit sluggish, but there has been some good bits. The P1 at Spa, and even the 918 at Yas Marina, have been gripping segments, but I think that is because they are hyper cars and are just ridiculous regardless of their commentators. The "Christmas Special - Part 1" has also been engaging.
I think the most enjoyable moment of this season was the hot hatches in the grocery store; I got a good kick from that.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Bumra Pt.1 was the last episode that aired here in the States, although you should be able to watch Part 2 online since it already aired in UK. I'll find a link

·
Registered
448 Posts
i learned not to expect much from a season. this season was ok, the stand outs was of course the P1 and 918 segments, the burma special was cool and whole Chernobyl part was interestingly cool

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I pretty much feel the same way as everyone else. More time with hyper cars. Less time with stars in a reasonable car. How about this: Stars in their OWN car? I'm sure you have some stars that like to fake the funk and drive a hybrid or an electric car. However, there are some stars, particularly, rock stars that have supercars. I, for one, would love to see Steven Tyler take his Hennessey Venom GT around the Top Gear race track:

My disappointment is in having had to wait for a lifetime for the new season to come up. I nearly fell asleep through the first three episodes waiting for tidbits like the P1 or the Mercedes 6X6 scenes. I dunno--I just expected a bigger bang for having waited so long. Still somewhat entertaining, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts