Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it turns out that there is oxidization on the hands from moisture getting in somehow? The watch is only 3 years old and I've never used it for anything really water related aside from kayaking a few times. It's nothing major moisture wise but it's kind of a bummer that it's even an issue. Bringing it down next week for a time regulation as it's been off a bit lately, I won't need a major service until next year (or so my guy told me).
I was kind of surprised when he told me a full service would cost me 500$ as well. Would it be cheaper just to send it to an Oris dealer for service? The guy I go to is an independent watch guy whose done a bunch of courses in Switzerland and mostly deals with Rolex and Omega.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Really a subjective scenario. If it were me, I'd go through Oris, and have the full-service completed while sent out.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really a subjective scenario. If it were me, I'd go through Oris, and have the full-service completed while sent out.
That's probably the route I'm going to take. That means sending it to Montreal but at least some of my other pieces will get some wrist time :lol:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have pics of oxidation?
I think manufacturer is best bet too
I don't, I can't get my iPhone to focus enough, thats how little there is. I only noticed it after it was pointed out. I'm just going to send it to Oris I'd say.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I am going to highly suggest you PM me. One of the shops building my Minuteman brand watches. Is factory authorized for Oris service. Plus the owner is CMW21 certified a board member of AWCI and even instructs and test existing watchmakers for CMW21 certification. Bottom line is he is really good and $500 for a service seems way off to me.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do Thomas! When I'm ready to send it in you'll hear from me, it'll be in the next couple of months I'm sure, just gotta make sure I have the cash.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would recommend sending it back to Oris as well. You know that it will be fixed/serviced properly and come back working great. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts