Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our "End of the Summer" cruise took the Bay Area Cobra Club to a place that is known in the Bay Area as "The Candy Store". It is primarily older historic cars but I still enjoy looking at some of these pieces of rolling art.
Enjoy:

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Always thought there was no cameras allowed there. I have never seen pics of it on the internet, thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
3,661 Posts
wow!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
wow those are some beautiful cars! thanks for sharing, very very impressive

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Raw: they just asked we don't touch but a lot more cameras were clicking away. They hold a lot of functions there; ever consider doing an L4P tour ?

No Camaro's but they say this place turns over cars quite often. There was an emply slot with the placard "300SL convertible" left behind... we suspect it's being driven around.

Nearly all these cars have been to various local concourse events in the area. I enjoyed looking at the Black Maserrti GT; inside, there was a placard that described it's design as Maseratti's first attempt at a GT so it appears it is the grandfather of Raw's current GT. :D

The F1 cars show the difference between a late 70's F1 v.s. late 80's F1. Amazing how far technology has come when you compare the wing designs of each... Ferrari started with very bulky aluminum wings front and back (and IIRC, Tony can correct me, it was Ferrari's first attempt at using wings on F1 cars) while the Renault shows off carbon fiber wings; much thinner and lighter, with dual-plane rear design to increase downforce even more).

The Green Packard at the end was kind of neat as the rear passenger area had it's own 3-partition windshield; I guess when the top is down, it can get pretty windy back there.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Raw: they just asked we don't touch but a lot more cameras were clicking away. They hold a lot of functions there; ever consider doing an L4P tour ?
Interesting, I always thought they liked to keep it very private and secretive. Maybe they changed that up a bit.

Went there once a few years ago, fabulous place.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting, I always thought they liked to keep it very private and secretive. Maybe they changed that up a bit.

Went there once a few years ago, fabulous place.
I thought about that and decided not to post the front of the building but they didn't mind us taking pictures. Keep in mind, it's by invite only.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Several years ago an owner kept his McLaren F1 stored there. This is the only photo I ever managed to obtain:

The car has a new owner in New York now.

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 26 Posts