Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's my house now...

has a hedge (very high) along the front, but no gate to the street.

security cameras, yes...but nothing like a gate to say "compound"

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
so, something huge like this...

a structure that has architecture similar to the house, with tall, high gates at entry

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I like these threads. I say no gate. would obstruct the view of the house. Love the overhead doors.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like these threads. I say no gate. would obstruct the view of the house. Love the overhead doors.
do you think the simple gate looks better than that massive structure...the reality is my driveway is NOT large. the top gate may be too large, yes?

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like this one better and it fits with the design of your garage door.
the only problem with this gate is it will obstruct the view of the garage doors...maybe something iron, but at that scale (height/shape)

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
If you were going to do one, I prefer the look of the second. The wood gate matches the wood overhead doors. The first is too massive for my taste.

do you think the simple gate looks better than that massive structure...the reality is my driveway is NOT large. the top gate may be too large, yes?

·
Registered
999 Posts
No gate...How are my friends and I gonna be able to get on the side yard to play football?!?!:D

But seriously I like the look of the second one you posted matches the garage doors color and looks like it would blend nice with the house!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm not sure a gate without a full boundary wall makes sense to me. If you put a rod iron fence/wall behind the hedges, then it it would all work. But that feel/look/security of a compound is lost if you just put a gate up/entrance up. Or maybe I'm just crazy?:D

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2 weeks 3 max nicky!

Anywhoo...a gate is also psychological to those folks you want out.

I remember about a year ago I had some dude come up to my house trying to sell me magazines...if I had that gate homeboy would be knocking next door.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts