Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I Need some honest help,

Ive got a 2009 CLS 63AMG, I love the car, the power and its styling, I have no complaints.

BUT

Im a car whore and ive now got my eye on a 2008/2009 Maserati Quattroporte , they sound amazing, and I love there style.

Id like to know what your honest opinion is about these cars, I do a lot of driving and would like to be able to drive this car everyday as I do with the CLS.

Is this the car for me ?? or should I just stick with the benz??

Ive owned a Z06's, Audi S6, M5's, so I do like my horsepower,

Id appreciate your honest opinions

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
The Masi is cool, but not sure that it's an upgrade from the CLS. However, you can get some pretty nasty deals on the QPs. I've considered an '09.

If you want something German, check out the new S6/S7 or RS7 from Audi. Everything about them is fantastic IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, I figured that was the response id get, but I guess I was in denial and hoped there was something I was missing about the QP

The sound of the QP is what really turned me on but I need a car that will show up and perform on a daily basis with minimal issues

Thanks for you comments, I guess ill stick with the AMG for now

·
Registered
553 Posts
The clas is way faster and fun to drive and more classy, the maserati is not reliable as much as the benz.
so stick with it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
have you considered exhaust, other mods to the CLS. i think it would absolutely change your mind about letting go of such a great car. It may be slightly off topic but my neighbor has a white c63 amg. He got rid of his e60 M5 with eisenmann race which i thought sounded amazing and had a very aggressive look to it. when he got the c63 i kind of laughed because to me (this is my personal opinion) i felt the car looked kind of girly even though the performance speaks for itself. After a few months of abuse he has added exhaust and some simple bolt ons and honestly the car sounds like an absolute BEAST and completely changed the overall experience. you seam to really like the QP sound which is undeniably great, but the tune of the amg is insane when adding some minor upgrades. Sorry for the Novel but i am beyong impressed with the AMG's and there potential "sounds" and performance.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
have you considered exhaust, other mods to the CLS. i think it would absolutely change your mind about letting go of such a great car. It may be slightly off topic but my neighbor has a white c63 amg. He got rid of his e60 M5 with eisenmann race which i thought sounded amazing and had a very aggressive look to it. when he got the c63 i kind of laughed because to me (this is my personal opinion) i felt the car looked kind of girly even though the performance speaks for itself. After a few months of abuse he has added exhaust and some simple bolt ons and honestly the car sounds like an absolute BEAST and completely changed the overall experience. you seam to really like the QP sound which is undeniably great, but the tune of the amg is insane when adding some minor upgrades. Sorry for the Novel but i am beyong impressed with the AMG's and there potential "sounds" and performance.
Good advice. OP, mod the AMG and you will be happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i agree with you !00%,

i removed the res on the exhaust and with just a simple mod as that, it opened up big time, almost sounds like my z06. i was gonna do a tune and complete exhaust next but was hesitant becasue i wasnt sure if i should go with the qp.

truth is , the car is a monster, ive put 35000km's on in 10 months and ive only changed the oil a couple times. nothing else.

its a get in and go car. i just wanted to see if the qp is in the same class of reliability. i doesnt seem like it

·
Registered
478 Posts
i agree with you !00%,

i removed the res on the exhaust and with just a simple mod as that, it opened up big time, almost sounds like my z06. i was gonna do a tune and complete exhaust next but was hesitant becasue i wasnt sure if i should go with the qp.

truth is , the car is a monster, ive put 35000km's on in 10 months and ive only changed the oil a couple times. nothing else.

its a get in and go car. i just wanted to see if the qp is in the same class of reliability. i doesnt seem like it
thats awesome.. keep it and safely enjoy every single KM you get to drive in it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
While the Benz may be more reliable. The Benz can't match the thrill of running a Maserati to its limits. The Ferrari engine and the exhaust note in the Maserati is better sound track hands down and if you if purchase a certified used Maserati, you may not have any problems at all. My next car is going to be the Maserati hands down.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I wouldn't recommend getting a Maserati as a daily driver over the Mercedes. It seems like a downgrade.
The Merc is more reliable and maintenance/repairs should be less of a hassle.
My friend's father had recently purchased a new Quattroporte; it spent more time in the garage than on the road.
He traded it in and moved onto the S63 AMG, which he's happy with.

E: To the person above me, the AMG can surely match the level of excitement the Maserati may bring. The main difference comes when you're able to drive the Mercedes back home after a track day, compared to having to tow the Maserati. Both are great, but reliability is definitely a factor to consider.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
While the Benz may be more reliable. The Benz can't match the thrill of running a Maserati to its limits. The Ferrari engine and the exhaust note in the Maserati is better sound track hands down and if you if purchase a certified used Maserati, you may not have any problems at all. My next car is going to be the Maserati hands down.
The old QP is not great as far as driving experience.. Sure, it has an intoxicating exhaust note; but other than that, it literally gets raped by the CLS in every single driving dynamics category. A new Ghiblo or current gen QP may be a fun choice.

But I think an RS7/S8/S7/S6 sounds perfect for OP. Especially being in Canada, eh?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The old QP is not great as far as driving experience.. Sure, it has an intoxicating exhaust note; but other than that, it literally gets raped by the CLS in every single driving dynamics category. A new Ghiblo or current gen QP may be a fun choice.

But I think an RS7/S8/S7/S6 sounds perfect for OP. Especially being in Canada, eh?

QUATTTTROOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
347 Posts
The OP never said anything about 50k or how much he wishes to spend. He said he loved the car and wanted more power and the Brabus package definitely adds a lot of power!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts