Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad and I have been working on our dream car, a 55 Chevy Belair for over three years now. This car has a ton of money invested and could be a cover car in any pro touring mag when finished. I will include a couple links where you can view the car if you would like in its current state. We have decided to throw in the towel as the price of this build has gotten a little out of control. I am wondering if there is suggestions for a good place to market a project like this?

Here is a link to the motor that Tom Nelson built for us:
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?37395-Twin-Blown-lsx-by-Nre&p=335766&highlight=#post335766

How it sits currently:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bcartwrightt70/1955ChevyBelair#

More pictures of the build process and current pictures:
Picasa Web Albums - Ben - 55 Belair

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
cars-on-line.com

Depending on your location, you could also trying calling Barrett Jackson and see if they have area for something this during the auction

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
My dad is having his 57 Belair restored right now, for the past 4 years.
How much are you asking for it as it sits?

·
Registered
332 Posts
You might want to call Sean at Revved Automotive Concepts and see if he has any thoughts on the subject. He is a sponsor here and does really great work on Pro Touring style cars.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I would think you should start by putting a price on it, you never know there might be interest right here.

·
Registered
758 Posts
All the hard work was done!

Damn.... looks fantastic, I LOVE seeing a car in bare metal, you always know the quality of the work in metal, it shows ALL.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
damn thats a shame...i remember when my father and i built some of the cars..i still cherish the build process
two things are always must for builds: gota have pateince. and gota budget twice as much as you think it will need.

what even more shameful is that i didnt see it for sale. this is right up my alley.

hopefully you and your dad start something else.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
People don't realize how much time, money, space, and organization go into doing a complete build on a car. It is like having a second job that costs you money to go to every day.

Sorry you guys decided to part with it before it was finished- Looks like it would have been a good car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts