Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a '09 911 Black Edition and was wondering what everybody's thoughts were on the Black Editions.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Black is the only color car I will own. My 2014 911 Carrera 991 is not an actual Black Edition but its a close as you can get without the actual Black Edition designation. I would say go for it. Black requires more work in keeping it clean but when it is there is nothing sharper.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I don't understand what the black edition even means...As far as I could tell everything was the same except for black paint and black wheels and the designation

All my cars are black...all of them so I'm for the black edition. I just don't see the point in paying extra for it

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was under the impression that some car manufacturers are making exclusive versions of their regular production vehicles and calling them 'black edition'? For example, C63AMG has a Black Series with some more power and cosmetic differences. Similar to the GTR Skyline's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kmans,
Beautiful car, love the color.

The black edition 911 is a 'special edition', but it doesn't seem so special with the 3.6l and very little to distinguish it from other black 911s. It has a 'Black Edition' door frame and some other markings, but it doesn't seem worth the extra money to me.

Thanks for the comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts