Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pick up my new 911 and I'm wondering if I should consider these new coatings that detailers are pushing. I like traditional detailing methods of wax/polish. These new solutions seem very permanent. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
790 Posts
For a new car, I would consider them. For an older car with a few dings, scratches, etc....like mine....I don't think the benefit is there. Just an opinion. Be sure to get references from any detailer that you might use. A bad job will last a long time with Nano-coatings. :)

PS: link above said "page not available" :( Too bad - I enjoy reading those!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I were you I would highly look into taking your car to a professional detailer and have them apply the coating. Most dealers don't sell high end coatings just a sealant with a big warranty behind it. Id rather see you spend the money and get the best coating possible with a great warranty. For example look up Ceramic Pro. Thats what we use in the shop and its phenomenal!

·
Registered
182 Posts
For a new car, I would consider them. For an older car with a few dings, scratches, etc....like mine....I don't think the benefit is there. Just an opinion. Be sure to get references from any detailer that you might use. A bad job will last a long time with Nano-coatings. :)

PS: link above said "page not available" :( Too bad - I enjoy reading those!
"The Science behind Coatings" - TOGWT: The Science behind Coatings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts