Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I'm considering trading in the Jaguar for a new car, but I wanted to know your thoughts on the matter. It's an 09 XJ8 VDP but has been "converted" into an XJR for the most part using factory parts. I'm in the process of removing most of them. The car has low mileage, less than 30k. Here are some pics, car looks the same:

SAJWA71B29SH31373_1.jpg

SAJWA71B29SH31373_6.jpg

4500_st0320_052.jpg

Do you think it's a decent young man's car? It's a comfortable land-yacht but lacks the "excitement" of other cars. Has a decent amount of power for me with the Supercharger on it, 400hp.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm in the market for a new car and was looking at the XJ, but at 25 I feel I'm just too young to drive a large sedan. I'm probably going with the XFR instead.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'm confused. You already posted a thread asking for advice about your first 'self-paid' car, but you own a newer XJ8 which you're modifying? My first thought is the two threads seem contradictory, but my second is why would you want to get rid of the Vanden Plas? That's an incredibly beautiful car and unless the little bugs of yesteryear's Jags perturb you it should work well for years to come.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm confused. You already posted a thread asking for advice about your first 'self-paid' car, but you own a newer XJ8 which you're modifying? My first thought is the two threads seem contradictory, but my second is why would you want to get rid of the Vanden Plas? That's an incredibly beautiful car and unless the little bugs of yesteryear's Jags perturb you it should work well for years to come.
I've got the car currently, it was modified quite a while back- wasn't my car when the mods were done. I was given this car as a grad gift basically but I'm contemplating trading it in. The car has it's own problems (Eg. hard to find parts, electrical bugs). It's a very nice car but it's really not the most exciting car for a young guy. I want to have something fun and get something more mature as I age. I just wanted the opinions on whether it's suitable for a young man and if it's worth keeping in the long run.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
As asinine this sounds, but the G37 may be a good direction maintenance wise (JAAAAAG to just "G" lol) which was discussed in your other thread. It's got the balance of sport and has a wide demographic of drivers.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The G37 is cool because you can actually find modifications for it lol. And it isn't long as hell.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The G cars are called the "Skyline" everywhere else and the Z Series the "Fairlady" right?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I am not much older than you are and large sedans can be driven by anyone. Look at Liquid Assets, he is around your age and has one of the most badass sedans on this forum IMO. i would hardly consider that an old mans car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I'm looking at all my options.
I could end up keeping the Jag and getting an e36 m3 to completely customize from the ground up.
The gold Jag VDP would be pretty cool to enter in the goldRush rally haha.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just bought a CPO 2012 Jaguar XF. The car is amazing and at 385 hp, it's definitely not an "old man" car.

It's probably the most fun vehicle I've ever owned with the exception of my Mustang... Buy what you like and enjoy it!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
why do you think parts are hard to find? thats a newer car.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why do you think parts are hard to find? thats a newer car.....
Auto parts stores never have the part I need in stock or don't carry it, and the nearest dealership is at least 30 mins away. That leaves ordering it, and that's not very convenient when you need it running fast.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I gotta agree with desert_rat. Jaguar is redefining itself. In a couple years when my kid heads out to college, I will be looking at a CPO F-type coupe.. :)

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Keep the Jag! Its a beautiful car. I took a Jag F-Type over a Aston Martin. If you want something more up beat / newer looking and you like Jag I would say XKR, XF or F-Type if you can do a two seater.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts