1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
The second season has gotten a lot better. I laughed a few times during that episode.

Go watch season 1 of top gear UK. It wasn't the greatest either.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
^This man speaks the truth. You can't expect TG US to be as good as TG UK out of the gate. Chemistry takes time.
Also, season two is better than season one and i actually like some of the challenges. The biggest surprise for me though is that my mom LOVES TG US, she hasnt seen TG UK yet, but every time I watch TG US she is laughing.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
^This man speaks the truth. You can't expect TG US to be as good as TG UK out of the gate. Chemistry takes time.
Also, season two is better than season one and i actually like some of the challenges. The biggest surprise for me though is that my mom LOVES TG US, she hasnt seen TG UK yet, but every time I watch TG US she is laughing.
Have you seen The Car Show? Ten times better and instant chemistry right out of the gate, thanks to Adam Carolla. The difference is that on TGUS, 2/3 of the hosts are acting, and they are horrible at it. The only authentically funny person on that show is the chubby lumberjack guy, and he isn't really a car guy, so he can't carry the show.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I agree season two is much better.

Look how long it took TG to get where it is.........watch this :whistle:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think you have to watch top gear US as just a car show, not a top gear.. if that makes sense? It obviously doesn't compare to top gear UK because in my opinion thats the greatest show on television, but it's still pretty funny and I'm all for a non-nascar automotive show.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Have you seen The Car Show? Ten times better and instant chemistry right out of the gate, thanks to Adam Carolla. The difference is that on TGUS, 2/3 of the hosts are acting, and they are horrible at it. The only authentically funny person on that show is the chubby lumberjack guy, and he isn't really a car guy, so he can't carry the show.
the car show sucked ... it was sort of awkward.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I also think the car show is awkward like lalasd pointed out, I couldn't finish a whole episode before switching to TG UK. I'm not going to watch TG USA for another few seasons

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I like top gear US. The content is pretty good, the only problem I have is with the editing. But it's most likely because I watch torrented versions with commercials edited out.
I didn't like the car show much, they're all pretty good car guys, but they really didn't know how to host a show, and neither did the producers I guess. But that'll probably get better as well

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I like top gear US. The content is pretty good, the only problem I have is with the editing. But it's most likely because I watch torrented versions with commercials edited out.
I agree! I edit the videos into clips for my itunes and the coming up... and previously things are SO annoying to edit. TG UK is so much easier lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
TG US is terrible, but the 2nd season is at least kind of watchable which can't be said about the 1st season. They need to dump the old man and the fat one, especially the fat one. They are just awful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts