Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not really living up to my user name. Got myself a nice Burberry belt and after a few weeks of daily use in a typical office environment, this once beautiful belt has now seen the worse. No other belt I've had (for years) looks as beat up as this in a matter of weeks. Any suggestions in fixing this, aside from never wearing it again. :jpshakehead:

I had a feeling it would sustain some daily wear and tear, but nothing of this scale.

The belt looks just as scratched up in the pictures as seeing it in person.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
is it coated or annodized? if not, you can try metal polish or put it on a buffing wheel. perhaps taking it back to burberry

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
It should be able to be polished again. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Burberry - worst belt I've ever owned.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Re-Polish or buy a new one... if you cannot buff it out just use it as a daily beater with your denim. Good quality belt for the money in my opinion you cannot go wrong with a ferragam, LV, Gucci, Varvatos, Allen Edmunds

·
Registered
142 Posts
It looks solid brass from the picture (color, and scratches appear to be the same color, so it doesn't look plated). In that case you should be able to buff it. I would use a compound with a buffer (basically automotive stuff should work) or maybe a Dremel carefully on low speed with a flannel wheel and compound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts