Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm all for the idea to get rich and start you're own raceteam; I'm probably gonna do it someday. :)
But you really need to know what you're doing first...

This guy dosen't. :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Saw this earlier. The commentators made me laugh. Can't hate the guy for doing what he loves, but he just can't grasp it. Saw this same scenario in a recent GT3 Cup race. Most don't realize how stiff the competition is until they actually get on the track.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Who cares, dude is probably living his dream. I'd gladly make myself look like a fool doing what I've always wanted to do. Kudos

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
saw it on reddit a few days ago, what a terrible driver. I'm all for living the dream too, but surely you'd want to grasp racing techniques before jumping in the deep end, itll be cheaper and better for you.
Also sidenote, the driver of the #80 GTR is on this forum,can't remember his handle, but he won the GT academy last year, which i'm hugely jealous of.

·
5,744 Posts
Who cares, dude is probably living his dream. I'd gladly make myself look like a fool doing what I've always wanted to do. Kudos
Not the point. The man races in a world class endurance series, with professional teams, and sponsors who pour millions into their programs. He pays Rinaldi for the use of one of their cars, similar to what Level5 does here in the states.

The teams have been on track for almost 5 days, practicing, qualifying, and now racing. After 4 days worth of work by your entire team, imagine being taken out by this guy, zero fault of yours, and all he does is shrug, and walk away.

He has one previous year, that I can see, racing. Some time in the Michelin endurance series in a GT3R, and 9 races in International GT in a GT3R. He has one podium, and i can only speculate, that was due to teammates.

I'm no racer, but a gigantic fan of sports car racing, and racing in general. This was horrible.

-Markus-

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'm surprised he didn't take out any cars.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
How much would you have to be worth to have your own team and not give a sh*t about how much it costs?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
We're all on this rock for a short time. I'd like to say I've done this before I'm pushing up daisy's. However, maybe some driving classes before you play with the big dogs? Just to keep everyone safe, if nothing else.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Just to keep everyone safe, if nothing else.
Exactly, most would care especially having to share the track with him, of what he's doing if he's completely incompetent at racing at that level.

It's like let's go to a shooting range, and "love doing what I'm doing with guns cause I play counter strike all day" and oops I accidentally myself.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
YOLO lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts