Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watching mad men season 3 (bit slow on MM series) and saw a nice american car i liked. Googled it, and its one of these.

You never see cars like this here in the UK and it appears for circa £15k you can buy one...

That is awesome, all you would need is hydraulics and killer audio system!

·
Registered
855 Posts
The 60's Continentals are one of my all time favorites. My friend used to have a drop-top, black on black.......very nice.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I don't know about the hydraulics part, but yes, that is an amazing car. I've seen a similar Lincoln Continental cruising around my neighborhood.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have personally owned a 61 convert and a 64 hardtop. They are awesome ride but very hard to find parts for, especially the converts. Someone on this forum has one in their sig.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of those!

A '66 black/red convert. Parts can be hard to come by, but cheap fun compared to most of the vehicles here.

It is a large beast. I can get the wife and all 4 kids in it with room to spare. I put more miles on it every season than the Bentley because we can all travel in it, as long as something didn't break on it. :D

I highly recommend one!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
If im not mistaken this exact car was just at Whitlocks shop in ATL.
Yeah man that looks like her!
OP- where did you find that pic?

I need to post up the correction work Rob did on here in the detailing section when I get some time.
Before and afters are ridiculous!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Absolutely love the Continental!
How much do those run in the States?
Price's are all over the place depending on condition but I've found some good drivers for $10-15k.
Very nice cars will bring over $20k and then convertibles even more.
If the one we worked on became available I'd snag it. Black and bagged, just how I like old school american cars.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Price's are all over the place depending on condition but I've found some good drivers for $10-15k.
Very nice cars will bring over $20k and then convertibles even more.
If the one we worked on became available I'd snag it. Black and bagged, just how I like old school american cars.
Thanks for the quick response! :bow1:
Guess I completely underestimated it. I'm starting to look for a nice ride a buddy and I could use while spending our semester abroad in the States.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah man that looks like her!
OP- where did you find that pic?

I need to post up the correction work Rob did on here in the detailing section when I get some time.
Before and afters are ridiculous!
Just google images! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts