Luxury4Play.com banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased the Bose MIE2i in-ear headphones. They are really great sounding in my opinion. I haven't completely broken them in though, so the sound seems to be getting more and more crisp. Plus, they have really nice bass. Original price at Microcenter was $130; but me being an employee there, I got them for $60! Pretty good deal... what's also cool is that they come with a carrying case, so I get to really baby them all the time.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
^^I had looked at those originally. not too bad, and you got a good deal on them. Wanna hook me up with that employee discount?? haha. Also Welcome!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Beats are a perfect example of Genius marketing. Not a great product but if they are seen on most sports stars everyone has to have them. They are not great form any type of music besides Rap because the bass on them is ridiculous. I personally have Shure se210 earphones got them in 2008 and I still use them everyday and I LOVE THEM!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly, while i get why there is a ton of hate about Beats (ie too expensive, no published stats, monster...) they are pretty good headphones. I have Kipslich(sp) S4i and beats and on a plane ride the Beats are great. Yeah they are bass heavy and not the best, but im no audiophile and they sound great. anyone who says different is probably examining the sound quality under a microscope.
That being said I am looking forward to the new Kipslich Modes
I'm kinda with you on this.

I've got a set of Beats Studios and I'm not really sure how people can suggest they're the worst headphones ever produced.

They're admittedly bass heavy, but they also appear to reproduce mids and highs pretty cleanly. What I find is the device playing them is usually the bigger problem.

If the player is unequalized, all you get is the hodgepodge of sound the factory settings deliver.

That's just my .02. Your mileage may vary, though. :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I'm kinda with you on this.

I've got a set of Beats Studios and I'm not really sure how people can suggest they're the worst headphones ever produced.

They're admittedly bass heavy, but they also appear to reproduce mids and highs pretty cleanly. What I find is the device playing them is usually the bigger problem.

If the player is unequalized, all you get is the hodgepodge of sound the factory settings deliver.

That's just my .02. Your mileage may vary, though. :)
I don't think anyone here would say they are the worst. But in that price range and below that price range there are some better alternatives. But clearly if there was some negativity in this thread it didn't make it public because there were soooo many people with beats headphones on my flights this weekend.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Sk Pro Throwbacks
skpro_throwback_s6spcz-070_base.jpg

Just picked these up. My last skullcandy's were warranty'd so I had some store credit so I figured I would take advantage :) I'll let you know how they are!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have a pair of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi's that I love and found they sound much better than Beats.
FTMFW! I have 2 pair of Triple Fi 10vi's and they are awesome! I rock them on the bike, in the office, during a half marathon and they sound fantastic. The MSRP is high, but around black friday they have gone on sale on Amazon for $99. i have picked up an additional pair every time that happened and haven't regretted it. I would definitely consider myself an audiophile and the sound quality and staging is excellent! They have good bass, but not too boomy. If the cord craps out (which has happened on several different brands of headphones I have purchased in the past) you can but just a new cord. I can't say enough good things about these!

I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD-280 Pros which are nice cans. (he-he...he said "nice cans" :lol:)

And a week ago, I picked up a pair of Audio Technica ATH-EC700s that I am really enjoying as they burn in. They are a little different on the fit, but the sound quality is proving to be pretty awesome!

My 2 cents (and then some!)

D!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cant hate on the marketing, the did a great job selling $100+ headphones to the general public by making it the cool thing to do. Ive had a pair of vmoda vibes for the past 3 years and they have been pretty good...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
So far, loving the Skullcandy SK Pros. Skullcandy has their ups and downs but at the end of the day they have an great warranty and if the headphones break then you will more than likely get them replaced at no cost. One of the best warranties in the business IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
beats ... oh god what did they throw in here ...
very simple explanation of this thing (i can't call it headphones sorry): great marketing , crap product.
I've seen some good things jump up here like Audio Technica, Grado's, UE and there are others (v-moda comes to mind, some sennheisers, some shure's)
I'm leaving out the really high end stuff that has to be driven by an amp to pull out the best performance. Bose IE2's are not bad but for that price you can buy better.
if you want to know more about stuff like this i guess http://www.head-fi.org is the only way to go.
i'm personally waiting on the new line of BA's coming out from sony to see how they perform (especially the XB-4's)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts