Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Got mine for $30 off ebay, and only wear them to the gym. They aren't bad, but nothing to rave about.

-Markus-
If you bought them new for 30$ on ebay I'd check into the authenticity of them... lots of fake beats being made and they look very convincing. I bought a pair for 25$ on ebay to compare them to my real tours, they aren't quite the same lol

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
My friend loaned me his Grado GR10 in-ears for a week and they blew me away but 400 for ear buds seems whack...i am happy with my Denon head phones that go for less than the Beat Pros.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have been told by quite a few famous dubstep and electro house artists that beats are no good (I'm not naming any names for obvious reasons). They were talking about another brand of headphones that have an extra speaker in them that basically plays white noise for serious noise cancellation. I can't remember the brand but they all swore by them.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Klipsch S4s are the best bang for the buck. Been using them for more than a year so cosmetically they are a little bit worn out but other than that they never failed. Their silicon earpieces fall from time to time but Klipsch USA sent me 3-4 pairs of large pieces for free so it's OK for now.

Used Sennheiser in ears before, I kept getting new ones in every 4-5 months- they constantly break down.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Every white kid at my uni (except me :)) has a pair of ''Beats'' around their neck and wear them like they've got an unlimited supply of swag... It's unbelievable.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Every white kid at my uni (except me :)) has a pair of ''Beats'' around their neck and wear them like they've got an unlimited supply of swag... It's unbelievable.

Cheers
if I'm rocking headphones around campus, I throw the s4's in. They might have some swag. But they don't have the taste required to have Swagg.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
the left headphone on my S4 died last summer, i sent them back to klipsch, got a brand new pair, new silicones and a new cleaner, all within a week, no hassle, and all from croatia (they're based in the states). 2 year warrenty really is great. and their customer service is impeccable.
just thought i'd throw that in there for reassurance that you're in good hands with klipsch. and the replacement pair have been working perfectly btw

·
Registered
55 Posts
heres my opinion on beats:

they're great for the ordinary listener who isn't an audiophile and wants something that sounds decent. however this consumer also wants to look cool and this is where the beats really shine. theyre really more fashion than value for sound.

sure, klipsch and sennheiser might make better sounding cans but this consumer doens't want them because they simply don't have the looks and swag of the beats.

the consumer who wants to look cool makes up a huge percentage of the young crowd and this is why theres so much hype and many people buy them.

i own a pair and i def notice people checking them out when theyre on my head and around my neck. maybe you follow under this category, maybe you dont?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Many of the Dre Beats are FAKE CHINESE MADE< NEVER EVER buy them online, ALWAYS BUY FROM AUTHORIZED retailer like best buy... i just bought 40 Beats Studio to export and they all turned out to be fake...over $6,000 almost wasted, Thank God the guy had a spec of conscious & let me return them!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had a pair of jvc marshmallows until my room mate convinced me to get something more legitimate.
Haha the room mate being me. I kinda nagged him until he put on my s4i's and after that I don't think he looked back lol. Personally I am somewhat of an audiophile and with out paying like three times the price you really won't hit anything that sounds as good.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Checked out those sleek by 50 headsets, they look do sick

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I personally like my in ear beats, the no tangle cord actually doesn't tangle which is the primary reason I wanted it. I had some relatively cheap ones before ($30ish) the audio is about the same but the beats seem more durable and more comfortable.

there are some bugs using it with android though :( worked fine with my old iphone.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts