Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
5,744 Posts
I checked to see if my Beats were fake, but it seems to pass the "tests" that they have on the net. Who knows.

Dying for some Shures, but I don't know, I'm looking at the SE215's, but I hear positives and negatives.

-Markus-

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
*** I have a half degree of separation from Noel Lee, founder of Monster. Met him on a number of occasions as he would come to my parties and was also good friends at the time with my then GF. ***

Anyone buying stuff off of eBay at significant discounts off MSRP is at high risk of buying fakes or stuff that failed quality control. Monster, like many manufacturers, enjoys decent profit margins. But anything way lower than 60% off list starts to get very suspect. We're not talking the Invicta of headphones here........

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Looking for a pair that are in ear without the removable ear piece.. I lose those things way too much.. Recommend me a good set? Maybe even a pair like the klispch with the remote for iPhone.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Looking for a pair that are in ear without the removable ear piece.. I lose those things way too much.. Recommend me a good set? Maybe even a pair like the klispch with the remote for iPhone.
I think they almost all have the removable ear piece because you can customize for comfort then.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yea but I lose those things within a week of buyig them. Don't know how

·
Registered
216 Posts
A few friends of mine have bought the Beats headphones, and all gave the same review/complains just like the OP stated. Good headphones, nothing outstanding really.

I bought the "iBeats" instead of the "Beats"...The sound is great and the bass isn't too excessive like the "Beats" or bose in-ear headphones. But, honestly I couldn't really find much of a difference between the iBeats and my cheap skullcandy earbuds, which the exception of the noise cancelling fit!

·
Registered
14,922 Posts
the Studios are badass...i dont know where all the flack is coming from?

and honestly i thought the tours sucked a$$ too, until i tried all the diff ear pieces and found one that fit properly and they sound pretty good for $120 earphones

if you can find something that sounds better for the same price...then post em up...lol

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
the Studios are badass...i dont know where all the flack is coming from?

and honestly i thought the tours sucked a$$ too, until i tried all the diff ear pieces and found one that fit properly and they sound pretty good for $120 earphones

if you can find something that sounds better for the same price...then post em up...lol
As far as beats in ear go, klipsch s4's. There isn't really any good way to argue against them in that price range.

Over ear there seem to be a lot of options, head-fi.org has a lot of threads bashing the beats and if you read they all put up alternatives which have both better quality sound and also a higher build quality.

My opinion seems to line up with most it seems. If you want street cred with your bros the studios will make you look like a baller, and as long as you aren't an audiophile the sound quality will be ok. However, if you are an audiophile and have friends of the same mindset, move on and find something else.

Denon, Grado, and sennheisser are some of the big names to look at.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
are they at the same pricepoint, if so the arguments and bashings are quite valid, if not then whats the point LOL
Most of the time they are, if not cheaper, the HD280 pro's which are brought up quite frequently, I have heard those ones personally and they had clearer sound while being about half the price. Denon 1100 are at $199. These including the studios were all ones that I looked at the last time I bought headphones. I did not purchase the studios.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts