Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
these things have taken off, you see them everywhere. they were marketed well with athletes and celebs.

one of my audiophile friends just got the top of the line pair he swares by it no complaints. im not in the market for headphones but im curious as to what is comparable to it that is better?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts

Put the jar up to your ear. Approximately the same audio quality.
Agreed.

these things have taken off, you see them everywhere. they were marketed well with athletes and celebs.

one of my audiophile friends just got the top of the line pair he swares by it no complaints. im not in the market for headphones but im curious as to what is comparable to it that is better?
I still sort of want a pair of the studio ones...but sennhieser and a couple other lesser known companies put out a much higher quality product. Unless you just want thumping bass and something to wear around your neck while you're dj'ing in your basement for your 3 friends who are all wearing flat brim hats backwards.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Agreed.

I still sort of want a pair of the studio ones...but sennhieser and a couple other lesser known companies put out a much higher quality product. Unless you just want thumping bass and something to wear around your neck while you're dj'ing in your basement for your 3 friends who are all wearing flat brim hats backwards.
:lol: lmfao...quoted for motherfucking truth

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
there are a gajillion pairs of headphones that are better than the beats.

good image btw :D

·
5,744 Posts
Actually now that I think about it, the damn things are falling apart piece by piece. Every week I notice something else that's missing from them when I'm at the gym.

Build quality is horrid.

-Markus-

·
Registered
885 Posts
Been through 6 pairs of Power Beats now and I keep coming back to em for the comfort. Luckily, the HQ is 30 mins away from me so swapping has been easy. :)

·
5,744 Posts
So I've posted in this thread about my beats. Not the best, but they do the job. What happens last night? They take a shit at the gym.

So, never buying those again. Anyone want to Shoot me some suggestions? Was looking at Klipsche on eBay. I'm an in ear guy as well.

-Markus-

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
^ klipsch S4i = game over.

·
Registered
284 Posts
So I've posted in this thread about my beats. Not the best, but they do the job. What happens last night? They take a shit at the gym.

So, never buying those again. Anyone want to Shoot me some suggestions? Was looking at Klipsche on eBay. I'm an in ear guy as well.

-Markus-
Didn't you say you got them for 30$ on ebay? If so, I'm pretty sure they're fakes and would fall apart like what you're describing. No surprise here.

Unless you meant you got them for 30$ off regular price. If so my bad !

·
Registered
310 Posts
I actually had a pair of sennheiser ear buds, i love the in ear ear buds but after an hour or two in the gym with them being in I have a ringing in my ear for a little bit, can't be good for the ears. I just rock the regular apple headphones now with my ipod in the gym they suck but im scared of going deaf with those in ear buds lol

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have the Beats Solo... They are nice, but not worth the $199 price tag. I heard a Bose headphones from a friend of mine and to me, they sounded similar. He paid much less then I did for the Solos.

I guess when you get celebs to use your product, they can double/tirple the cost and people will buy them. I bought into the hype. But that's because I didnt know better. lol

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I love my s4's they are phenomenal for the price. That being said no matter which insert I use, there is no running with these earphones for me, they fall out. Lifting and everything else at the gym in fine though.
yeah its pretty hard to find in ears that will stick while running, luckily i dont run much and they're fine in the gym as you said. and for the price they cannot be beaten

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Honestly, while i get why there is a ton of hate about Beats (ie too expensive, no published stats, monster...) they are pretty good headphones. I have Kipslich(sp) S4i and beats and on a plane ride the Beats are great. Yeah they are bass heavy and not the best, but im no audiophile and they sound great. anyone who says different is probably examining the sound quality under a microscope.
That being said I am looking forward to the new Kipslich Modes

1 - 20 of 72 Posts