Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great documentary! It kind of makes me wish airlines were still that classy, now days they heard you into your seat like cattle!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Finally had the time to watch the documentary, well done and interesting. I really like how you can see the transition from before runways to the area of cheap travel in aviation.

Like envythez06, I wonder if there is a market for heavily traveled areas like ORD-EWR and IAH-MSY and LAX-EWR and so forth where companies spend $2,500 on an employee to fly first class, but they want a smaller plane with great service and so forth.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was an airline I flew once as a kid which I'll always remember. The interior was outfitted with plush and comfortable leather seats as you'd find in some of today's mid size private jets. It was all one class inside and had amazing service. I flew from LA to Dallas Love Field and have never had such an amazing experience flying domestically. I believe the aircraft was a CRJ but I could be wrong. If only I could remember the name of the airline....

·
Registered
690 Posts
There was an airline I flew once as a kid which I'll always remember. The interior was outfitted with plush and comfortable leather seats as you'd find in some of today's mid size private jets. It was all one class inside and had amazing service. I flew from LA to Dallas Love Field and have never had such an amazing experience flying domestically. I believe the aircraft was a CRJ but I could be wrong. If only I could remember the name of the airline....
Singapore Airlines operates a A340 which is just how you describe (all business class seats), however nothing close to a CRJ in size and the route is Newark to Los Angeles only. (It has 100 lie-flat seats!)

5876267677_a3161abba6.jpg

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Very good video thank you for sharing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
5,744 Posts
The Golden Age of flying, the 50's and 60's. I'm a huge fan of just life in general during that time. Just like they mentioned in the docu, people dressed up to fly, planes weren't crammed with people, stewardess' loved their jobs, and service with a smile was a given. I mean, just looking at those planes during that time, makes you want to go back, and experience that. They made a 12 hour flight to London an experience, something you looked forward to, and got off eager to fly again. My 12 hour flight to London was hell. Out of control children, crammed cabin, pissed off stewardess's, lackluster service. These days, it's all about a buck, the experience has gone.

Great documentary.

-Markus-

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@SMW: Didn't know airlines still operated business only flights. Most of those airlines along with the one I was mentioning are all bankrupt or sold now. How doe one book on that particular SA flight?

@Markus: Yeah, I remember my Grandfather (WWII Veteran) always travel dressed in a suit. No matter if people were wearing flip flops and shorts he still till his last days traveled that way. He always said flying was a privilege and should be still considered as one. He also mentioned before he passed away that he couldn't recognize he country anymore. It wasn't the America he once knew so I guess with time things change in many ways, some for the better, some for the worse but it's always great to hear stories about how America used to be in it's heyday from people that actually lived during that time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts