Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Watch Forum Moderator
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I remember back in the days when I was working for a fortune 500 company one of the requirements was to constantly keep a clean-shaved face. Of course there were times when you were out all night and you are in a rush in the morning and you just dont make time for yourself. Well, times have changed and pampering is what it is all about. You work your butt off, enjoy what your deserve. Well, recently at a trip in Vegas I noticed a place that specialized in high end shaving/shaving utensils. I started looking into this. I always thought....wow, going to target and buying a 20 pack of razors is one thing....but is it what you work hard for? Well, I started doing some research and found a company called TwinLuxe www.twinluxe.com. This design firm worked with Marek Djordjevic who designed the Rolls Royce Phantom. If you are looking for the next level of pampering and something that your friend or neighbor doesnt have....this is it.

Notice the beautiful walnut exterior casing

This shaving instrument is PVD coated....yes PVD coated like my panerai

One of the key factors of shaving is the application of shaving cream with a brush. This shaving set includes a brush that is equipped with silvertip badger hair plumes which are bundled by hand in Germany.

In the morning when you are getting ready for work...choosing your attire, your watch, make sure to take time to pamper yourself.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
It's nice being blond so facial stub doesn't show as bad. When I shave, it takes a while as the head is included.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Thanks for sharing V

Seems cool, but is it just a Mach 3 with a different handle? I saw something similar for sale at the Art of Shaving store....

Definitely makes a diff to apply the cream with a brush though!

·
Silver Sponsor
200 Posts
check out: The Art of Shaving

They just opened a place down the street from me in DC. Interesting stuff, makes for good gifts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for sharing V

Seems cool, but is it just a Mach 3 with a different handle? I saw something similar for sale at the Art of Shaving store....

Definitely makes a diff to apply the cream with a brush though!
its a Gillette Fusion blade, not a Mach 3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice set! Funny you posted this I was going to make a new post tomorrow of my new shave kit I got at The Art of Shaving store. Tomorrow will be the first time I shave "old school" excluding the straight razor, I'm not that daring (yet)!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
got a straight razor shave from my barber and he nicked me. he didn't charge me for the shave which included hand massage and facial. that said, with today's blades i can pretty much shave as close as a straight razor and with less irritation of my skin.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
what is the best blade in everyone's opinon?

and i didnt know straight razors ittitated...I always experienced and heard otherwise.

anybody use a straight razor themselves?

·
Registered
277 Posts
what is the best blade in everyone's opinon?

and i didnt know straight razors ittitated...I always experienced and heard otherwise.

anybody use a straight razor themselves?
Once I went to a straight razor I never went back, been almost two years now using a straight razor. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
you use it yourself? what was the learning curve like? lol
Ya seriously. How's the jugular?

A bunch of us went for a straight shave early on in the day for my brother's bachelor party. Mine turned out great, one other guy turned out pretty good as well. But 3 others... Not so good. And it did seem to have to do with your skin sensitivity.

Regardless it was enjoyable but I think I am closer with a regular razor.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts