Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who are missing all the action:

Step #1
Prepare. Preheat oven or deep fryer according to directions on frozen French fries package. If you prefer to make your own fries from scratch, by all means. Poutine is certainly worthy of such an effort.

Bake or fry French fries. Depending on your chosen method, bake or deep fry the French fries according to the package directions.

Meanwhile, prepare gravy. Follow the package directions to prepare the brown gravy, allowing it time to thicken.

Add cheese curds. Once your fries are done (but still warm) place them in bowls or on plates (or in one big bowl), and sprinkle over fresh cheese curds. If you can find them (yes, I'm talking to you, Wisconsin), fresh cheese curds are the best for this recipe because they will soften without melting completely.

Add gravy. Pour hot gravy over the curds and fries. This will keep the fries warm and soften the curds in an ever-so delicious way.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well if you ever go near Drummondville make sure to check it out you can't miss it
it's right next to the highway

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Have you guys went to La Fromagerie Lemaire ?
They made one of the best one you can find
Fromagerie Lemaire : Fromagerie du Québec, fromages fins, fromages québécois, halte restaurant
Thanks for showing me that! I will definitely drop by when I'm in quebec city.

first pic looks weird... I will be making poutine on thursday! Ill post up pics, cant wait
I agree it does look weird but it looked tasty. And please post pics of the feast. We need to make a L4P poutine marathon

·
Registered
251 Posts
No prob ;) I normally grab something there each time I'm going to Qc City

·
Registered
643 Posts
found a pic from 3 years ago, Family size poutine, 4 guys, hockey night in Canada.. couldnt even finish it!

Edit: pic seems small, that feeds about 5 people

·
Registered
280 Posts
Favourite food to eat afer clubbing in QC. Now that I'm back on the east coast, its donairs all the way!

·
Registered
251 Posts
my favorite place for poutine is bell pro on decarie across from julep! I find its one of the best poutines around
+1
La Belle Province is one off the best fast food you can have !
I'm on the south shore I don't know if you know Como pizza ? It's one of the best pizza you can have even at 2o'clock in the morning

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've wanted to try this for years, but there is no where anywhere near me that I could find it... no clue why I never thought of making my own! I'll be trying this in the next week or two.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I agree it does look weird but it looked tasty. And please post pics of the feast. We need to make a L4P poutine marathon
Didnt see the first pic until now, I mean the second picture.. Looks like white chocolate chunks lol.. I dont mind smoked meat poutine.. Infact thats one of the two I eat when I have fast food poutine.. I refuse to eat smoked meat poutine from duns or chenoys

+1
I'm on the south shore I don't know if you know Como pizza ? It's one of the best pizza you can have even at 2o'clock in the morning
This bell province in particular.. They know how to make a proper poutine so that the cheese mets, its so damn good

I've wanted to try this for years, but there is no where anywhere near me that I could find it... no clue why I never thought of making my own! I'll be trying this in the next week or two.
poutine cheese curds might be illegal to buy/sell in different states (customs agent told me this).. If you cant find any, I might be able to ship you some.. Might not be as fresh as it should be tho

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
damn i miss that. i had that when i was up in montreal a few weeks back...mmm the traditional or my personal favorite...with double smoke bacon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
so last night... Spiced Cavindish fries, gravy, mushrooms, spicy Morrocain style lamb merguez, with 50% cheese curds, and 50% Saputo mozzarella

Was awesome!

and then the winning plate

·
Registered
964 Posts
+1
I had a poutine at la belle province on the corner of st. catherines and st. laurent a few times. Not sure if it's the same establishment as you guys are talking about but that place was pretty dirty. There was an old man in a wife beater just yelling out orders, it was actually quite funny to see him interact with customers. Anyways, that kinda turned me off the poutine there...

Post up some more addresses, there's never enough good poutine!

If anyone is around Ottawa, check out "La Maison Acadienne" in Sandy Hill, my favourite poutine in Ottawa.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts