Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you play/work kind of rough and don't want to wear anything of significant value, I find the G to be my prefered choice. I tried a few other brands including Suuntu but for me the G's held up the best. black, white and od green.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I am pretty sure that this is the general view of like 95% of the people here.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As indicated in past posts you'd be surprised how many would prefer a Suuntu or a Luminox or a Tissot etc. Many aren't into the "plastic" look or want more functions. As for Invicta they are big time FAIL although I wouldn't mind thrashing one.....with a hammer. :)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
another great watch for this, is nixons. I mean they are made for skateboarders.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, Nixon...a lot of people also prefer a thrasher with more "style" than a standard G.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since 1853, Tissot is a great little watch with much much history and experience behind it.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Its an amazing watch

really? how aggressive are you with that watch? lol
way way way way too hard on it. i smashed it once swinging doing tower work. it hit a foot rung and just shattered it. it was also about -20f out as well. the other time i was doing a 10 foot acid drop in, and fell and just shattered it. also cracked my helmet too. just to give you an idea how hard i hit.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^See now those are legit Thrashin activities. One of my fav's is dirt bike riding, and our motto is, if you didn't crash, you weren't going fast enough.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
i posted this before, but ill post it again. this is nixons line made specifically to be thrashed and abused. they used a paint that is designed to flake off when hit.

bad ass if you ask me

NIXON - Gunship Collection

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have the gunship chrono...I abuse the shit out of my watches..and it holds up fine...has not even chiped yet...but they are supposed to for that patina affect.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Thanks to WUS this is my next G which should be shipped Monday.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Nice G collection Sal! I've got that all black 7900b as well.. I've been casually looking for that white rescue as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the orange G for some play...usually the boat.

I also have a $40 timex ironman for activities that I know will bang up the old timepiece.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Speaking of Invicta I would like to call the home shopping network one day when they are selling Invicta and tell them there watches are garbage but in a sweet kind of old man type of voice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts