Fantastic looking piece from Audemars today!
The Royal Oak Offshore needs no introduction. An extreme version of the legendary Royal Oak, the quintessential sports watch that has become an Audemars Piguet icon, this superlative line of timepieces embodies the talent and inventiveness that the Manufacture has dedicated to serving aesthetics and performance. Successively associated with some of the greatest Formula 1 racing drivers, such as Rubens Barrichello and Juan Pablo Montoya, it is now issued in an exceptional new limited series bearing the signature of Jarno Trulli.
Celebrating the partnership established between Audemars Piguet and the Italian champion in 2008, the new Royal Oak Offshore Jarno Trulli Chronograph embodies the values shared by the racing driver and the Manufacture: a passion for perfection and precision, coupled with an obstinate determination to maintain high standards. For Jarno Trulli, these values are conveyed through the excellence he displays in his career as a racing driver, a daily experience that leaves no room for rough estimates, but is instead governed by the rigorous precision that makes all the difference. These same values are also manifested in Jarno Trulli’s other passion for vineyards and making his own wine, a task that calls for patience, experience and humility – all qualities closely resembling those exercised by a master-watchmaker at his workbench. For Audemars Piguet, this close sense of kinship now fi nds a fresh form of expression in the Royal Oak Offshore Jarno Trulli Chronograph.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE JARNO TRULLI CHRONOGRAPH
- Calibre: 3126/3840, selfwinding
- Total diameter: 29.94 mm (13¼ lignes)
- Casing diameter: 26 mm
- Thickness: 7.16 mm
- 59 jewels
- 365 parts
- Up to 60-hour power reserve
- Cadence of the balance: 21,600 vibrations per hour (3 Hz)
- Variable-inertia balance with eight inertia blocks and fl at balance-spring
- Geneva-type mobile balance-spring stud-holder
- Three-position winding stem
- Finishing: all parts meticulously decorated: mainplate circular-grained; bridges rhodium-plated, chamfered, snailed and adorned with Côtes de Genève motif. Diamond-polished jewel sinks, diamond-polished sinks and chamfered spokes on the wheels; chamfered screw rims and slots. 22-carat gold oscillating weight with anthracite grey galvanic coating.
- Forged carbon case middle, Cermet bezel, crown and pushers in sand-blasted titanium, sapphire crystal back in sand-blasted titanium
- Diameter: 42 mm
- Thickness : 15.65 mm
- Back engraved with the inscription Royal Oak Offshore Limited Edition - Jarno Trulli
- Water resistance: 100 m
- Anthracite grey with exclusive “Méga Tapisserie” motif, silvered counters, applied hour-markers and hands in white gold with red luminescent coating, silvered inner bezel ring.
- Black rubber, sand-blasted titanium folding clasp
- Hours and minutes
- Small seconds
- Chronograph with central seconds hand, 30-minute and 12-hour counters
- Tachometric scale on the fl ang