Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not going to lead into this by saying I was looking for _____, _____ & ______ since I've bounced around from a Rover sport supercharged to a CL550 to a ferrari so i'm all over the board as most of you already know.... Everyone here by now already knows my opinion about luxury cars from anywhere but germany & england and I NEVER would have considered one of these things until I saw/sat in/drove the new 14 GS350F. Trust me, im in as much shock as you are! Ill keep it short here, but this thing is way under priced (Ill get to the reasons why), its attention to detail is even better than the m3 (loaded) and even the plastic buttons are of better quality. It has way more tech even tho the m3 is optioned out and things seem more well thought out. 8spd gearbox is never hunting for gears unless you modulate the throttle like you have cerebral palsy and the brakes are a way better design than the m3 (single piston pos). Suspension is very supple and comfortable without feeling like mush in the CL/S class. In full stiff it is about as firm and sharp as the m3 somewhere between comfort & normal. Sound system is good but NOT great. I'm an audiophile and compare everything to the bentley. MPG is fantastic, electric steering is what it is, sport stiffens it up nicely tho but very little feedback.

This isn't a review so lets address why its so cheap and move on to the pics.....
Its only 60grand because of 2 things, otherwise i'm absolutely certain this car is on par with anything that's 80-100grand.
The motor is the same old thing from a 12yr old 350z with some cams and bs. Its very, very smooth and absolutely silent but doesnt have the grunt of any TT BMW/Merc/Audi but pulls very crisp and cleanly above 4k. It only gets away with this by having a fantastic close ratio 8spd that is always in the right gear. If there was a big motor option for a v8 or tt v6 im sure it would be at least a 15k option and to be honest, this works great and I wouldnt even go for it since this achieves 30mpg & 72cruise. The only real detractor for me is the lack of a limited slip diff which nothing else has anyways so I dont feel left out but I would pay 5grand to have one in it.

I've put 180miles or so on it since I got it a few days ago and i'm happier with it everyday that passes. Not having to worry about it in a walmart parking lot next to the buggy return is worth any shortcoming of it. I would genuinely recommend it to anyone that isnt a professional race car driver looking for a super sport sedan but still wants an amazingly comfortable sports sedan with great style, mpg and more performance than 90% of enthusiasts can exploit. If you want a full sports sedan still go with an M3/m5/c63 track pkg. I would say its right on par with the new s4 which was significantly more money comparably equipped, less comfortable and I don't want awd. Almost forgot, most comfortable back seat i've been in other than s550 w/rear seat pkg. Same color combo as the M3 but it seems like a lot of members here do this and she isn't going anywhere anytime soon, still need a drop top for at night.

Had my guy tint it up this morning 35% front/15 doors/5 back. Only thing left to do is 15/20mm wheel spacers and shes all set (not lowering because I love the ride quality & LOVE not scraping everywhere down here.

First car i'm going to smoke cigars in so I bought a activated charcoal .5lb pouch for under the seat and want some advice on a air purifier that plugs in to stick in the back seat.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Those new GS look amazing. Talk to Mike he will probably talk to you forever about the new Lexus. Your car looks great, the red interior is stunning.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Very nice! Was in a Lexus the last time I was in Toronto and I have to say I was super impressed. I thought I was over Japanese cars as my last 2 (Honda and Mitsu) have been just ok but the Lexus may have changed my mind. Love the red interior as well, not to bright but just enough to make it stand out a bit.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Really digging the new interiors on the Lexus models. I have had my eye on one of those cars. The wife wants an IS so I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Congrats,great pick up!! The Cabernet interior is what sold my wife on her GS F-sport…we love it and it really is an amazing all around car. Did you get the rear-steer option? The 14 has some nice upgrades like power trunk/folding mirrors and a color HUD to our black/white one.

L4P opened up a Lexus forum
Lexus

It was a great to drive on the Dragon..best Lexus I've taken there…

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
wuhhh wuhh? I fell asleep thinking about driving that car.

of course it's a nice looking car, etc, but damn man ... boring as all hell.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks, I was going to go white w creme but at the last minute decided to do the m3 color combo because it shows the lines and edges more. Yes it is a boring car but that is what I wanted, something that doesn't elevate my heart rate but isnt grandpas car either

·
Bronze sponsor
742 Posts
nice purchase, looks great! love the new Lexus'.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts