Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
We just got a '13 RR HSE and already I think it looks better than the previous models. It' doesn't look as "rugged". Definitely more svelte; as if the RR stepped out of overalls and got into a tux. The interior is something to behold. Quite honestly I can't imagine wanting a G-Wagon over this. I guess I've never really been a fan of the G all that much.

And just like ROK mentioned, good luck finding one sitting on the floor for too long. Seems 90+% are sold already so people are approving of it. It's pretty much the 997 vs 991 argument all over again. I think the new design language LR is using fits just fine for the time we're in.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will reserve final judgement for when I see it in person, but for now, I don't like it much. It definitely looks too much like an Evoque (although I love the Evoque design). I think it's just because its being call the replacement to the sport which I feel should be more bold than a bigger Evoque. Only time will tell...

·
Banned
3,270 Posts
Range Rover is stepping in the wrong direction for their main SUV's. The Evoque looks nice I think. But the RR and RRS need to stick to what they had. It looked nicer then these new mixes of the Evoque and a Ford. I miss these looks :(:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I love it. Land Rover has done a fantastic job with the Evoque, new Vogue & now the Sport. I'm REALLY getting tired of the morons that think that one car looks identical with another car due to a very slight similarity in lights or grille. The fact that it has new L405 Vogue characteristics as well as Evoque influences is fine by me. It will uphold true Rover form, being the best on & off road and ready for any situation thats thrown at it. Mud, 24" wheels (thanks to LA & Miami residents), North Yungas Road, Bolivia, The parking lot at the Grove or hunting in Wales.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I love it. Land Rover has done a fantastic job with the Evoque, new Vogue & now the Sport. I'm REALLY getting tired of the morons that think that one car looks identical with another car due to a very slight similarity in lights or grille. The fact that it has new L405 Vogue characteristics as well as Evoque influences is fine by me. It will uphold true Rover form, being the best on & off road and ready for any situation thats thrown at it. Mud, 24" wheels (thanks to LA & Miami residents), North Yungas Road, Bolivia, The parking lot at the Grove or hunting in Wales.
+1. You can barely talk about SUV's in general before someone says that the new RR looks exactly like the Explorer.. I think they have somewhat similar looking lights, and that's it. No biggie. It's only a problem for the Americans though, as the Explorer isn't a big seller outside of the US (along with every other car made in America...). :whistle:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Love the body lines but not the evouqe head lights and tail lights
Like the new full size range better

·
Registered
315 Posts
will still buy one because...range rover :wink:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The new RR is absolutely stunning in person. If the RRS is a mini version of that AND more powerful and more luxurious I think it will be nuts.

Even though the rear has a sport badge on it, that doesn't mean this is the new RRS. Isnt there a Sport version of the Evoque as well as the Pure or whatever else?

EDIT: Never mind its the "Dynamic"

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just like the Evoque having 3 models: Pure, Dynamic & Prestige. I personally think Land Rover will be carrying on that tradition with the Sport. A "Dynamic" Sport like the one shown and a rough more rugged model with textured lower body and larger skid plates and less blingy exhaust tips. I think that would do well. Options of exterior packing along with interior. Just like baby Evoque.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Unfortunately based on the video I just watched posted by Land Rover of the sneak peak of the truck, the above picture is the new RRS. This is the exact truck used in the teaser film.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I didn't think I'd like the new RR but when I saw it in person it really looks good. I'm excited to see what this new sport looks like. I may move up from the Evoque - depending on pricing ;) I currently like my Evoque, but feel it's a bit expensive for what it actually is.... If I feel the value is correct for the Sport I may just go for it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
LOVE THE FRONT.....the side I can get used to it ....the REAR....ouffff...will take lots of gettin used too!!!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts