Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not a fan honestly.

It looks just like the Evoque to me. Am I the only person who thinks that Land Rover is headed the wrong direction with their vehicles? They have lost all of their class and any remaining sense of rugged durability.

I swear Ford still has some say so in design. Don't ask me why but every time I see a a new land rover model, I instantly think of this:

Don't tell me the explorer doesn't resemble the RRS

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree, I think land rover is turning to a new type of SUV. That picture looks like a longer evoque. It's becoming too ford.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Looks like a bigger Evoque

·
Registered
74 Posts
I kinda like it BUT I did just drive home a one hundred thousand dollar " 2013 Explorer Rover" haha

I also like the Evoque but I always thought it would look better if it was a bit bigger. I'm interested to see in person and in some other colors. The big RR grew on me, especially after I drove it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree that they share some similarities, but that is understood being that they share the same designer. But a lot of people had the same reaction to the full size RR, but when we saw it, we saw that it was clearly a RR. I will hold my thoughts until I see it in person, I, like Trio am also waiting for a 100k Ford Explorer as well. If it was really as close to a Ford Explorer as those say, then I would have saved 70k and bought one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well done. Definitely moving away from rugged terrain to highway finesse. It'll compete better with the cayennes.

If I wanted a lifted sedan I would've bought the porsche. Can't wait to see what all the top vendors do with it!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
57 Posts
Being that I have had a deposit on it for a couple of months.

I strongly do not like it, I dont like the back, front or rear lights. The Range Rover theme that was always there, it seems no more.
I understand that some will contest the argument of all the new technology in the 2014 but it doesn't justify it for me.

Sad to say, but I am cancelling my order and taking my deposit back.

I will stick to my 2012 which I personally think it looks as a Range Rover should.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm skeptical that this is the real deal.. I can't see the new rover being leaked in some ratty shop with a woody wagon behind it lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im hoping this is not the replacement ......didnt they say they wanted to release a model between the Evoque and Range Rover Sport? Im pretty sure i read this somewhere.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
HERE WE GO....I think this is the Range Rover Evoque XL!!!

14939155111509447271.jpg

·
Registered
693 Posts
I love everything but the Evoque rear bumper, but that will be a minor sacrifice for a greatly improved interior and reduced weight (and thus better performance). The front end is fantastic looking too.

People can bring up Ford Explorers all day (I think it's a good looking SUV, so the visual similarity isn't a problem for me), but the RR will always be leaps and bounds ahead of the Explorer.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I love everything but the Evoque rear bumper, but that will be a minor sacrifice for a greatly improved interior and reduced weight (and thus better performance). The front end is fantastic looking too.

People can bring up Ford Explorers all day (I think it's a good looking SUV, so the visual similarity isn't a problem for me), but the RR will always be leaps and bounds ahead of the Explorer.
it's the typical rally around the totem pole knee jerk ignorant reactions running rampant all over automotive forums. it's always been this way and it will remain this way so long as you mix free access and anonymity both part and parcel of the internets.

what's absolutely clear is that it's going to be a drivers SUV. it's going to look a lot more sleek and modern. it's also going to sell like hotcakes because LR doesn't make very many of them. go to your local JagLR dealership and see how much inventory they have for you to pick from esp the autobio/supercharged versions.

crickets.

again, i'd pick a porsche cayenne over this bad boy, but i give due credit where due. don't hate, celebrate. no one's making you buy anything.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i hate the design... i guess i wont be upgrading to a 2014 RRS and will be buying a g-wagon as the next suv. i bet the interior is gorgeous though (like the big body and evoque)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts