Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Onyx just scares me though :D
+1 :lol: that's why the project would be contingent on our input... I'm slightly worried about quality and fitment, but there are no other options that I really like...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm starting to think the '09 HST rear painted like this might be the way to go... I'd do round tips (and whatever is needed to have them fit correctly) and shave the reflectors. Thoughts? I like the HST rear better than the Autobiography rear.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm starting to think the '09 HST rear painted like this might be the way to go... I'd do round tips (and whatever is needed to have them fit correctly) and shave the reflectors. Thoughts? I like the HST rear better than the Autobiography rear.

Not a fan of the Autobiography rear bumper, the front is nice though, but conservative. The square exhausts are the worst. Even if you plan to replace, you can either do one large oval\round, or stack 2. I do not think this will look as nice as quads, or if you tried to retrofit something oval\round in the square outlets.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Not a fan of the Autobiography rear bumper, the front is nice though, but conservative. The square exhausts are the worst. Even if you plan to replace, you can either do one large oval\round, or stack 2. I do not think this will look as nice as quads, or if you tried to retrofit something oval\round in the square outlets.
Agreed, I like that the HST bumper doesn't go straight down like the Autobiography, and I learned that it does fit with a few modifications (PDC sensors are smaller on MY2010+, so holes need to be filled in slightly to make the HST bumper fit). The square tips are terrible though - I'd probably replace the square tips with oval tips. I actually prefer dual tips on the RRS (unless the tips are fully molded in the bumper), but to each their own.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Agreed, I like that the HST bumper doesn't go straight down like the Autobiography, and I learned that it does fit with a few modifications (PDC sensors are smaller on MY2010+, so holes need to be filled in slightly to make the HST bumper fit). The square tips are terrible though - I'd probably replace the square tips with oval tips. I actually prefer dual tips on the RRS (unless the tips are fully molded in the bumper), but to each their own.
actually, i just looked at a pict i had again, and you probably could fit something in that bumper that will work...oval or quad :D it's not a big enough change for me though to warrant the mod, i need something a bit more aggressive.

·
Registered
693 Posts
actually, i just looked at a pict i had again, and you probably could fit something in that bumper that will work...oval or quad :D it's not a big enough change for me though to warrant the mod, i need something a bit more aggressive.
Definitely, if only Arden had gone through with their concept... I'm amazed that no one has made an acceptable rear. I might settle for the HST just because I hate the lines of the stock rear apron, but I agree it's not that big of a change. Are there any sponsors on here that could make something for us?

·
Registered
322 Posts
WOW, even if I am not a huge fan of blue this ones got me. What bleu is this exactly??? Factory color? Nice job, keep that clean look and finishing touches.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I really like it... are you going to smoke the tails or red them out?

·
Registered
60 Posts
great build! what type of wheels and tires are you running for winter ? the only thing i would do is smoke the tails, RR tails remind me of civic style taillights for some reason

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks again guys!

What bleu is this exactly??? Factory color?
Factory color, Bali Blue

I really like it... are you going to smoke the tails or red them out?
I'm not a huge fan of straight smoking lights...im thinking maybe of painting the inner housings blue or black, i like some of the intricacies of the tails.

great build! what type of wheels and tires are you running for winter ? the only thing i would do is smoke the tails, RR tails remind me of civic style taillights for some reason
This is the stock wheel and tire, just painted black, see tail comment above :D. Running ADV.1's in the summer (http://www.luxury4play.com/land-rover/66045-upgrade-part-1-2010-bali-rrs-sc-autowerks-x-adv-1-a.html)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can u pls tell me if front bumber atachement and rear one can be removed for paint process the dealer made a terrible paint job for me and left my car for redo the job again But he told me the front bumber atachement cand be removed...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Can u pls tell me if front bumber atachement and rear one can be removed for paint process the dealer made a terrible paint job for me and left my car for redo the job again But he told me the front bumber atachement cand be removed...
It all can be removed, it had to get on there one way or another :D Which part are you talking about exactly, and what year RRS? Here is a pict of my 2006 RRS when I was having it painted...front comes off.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im not a fan of bali blue i Prefer the Baltic Blue instead, but that being said i do like actual style of your RR, you don't see many RR with great after market look while still looking dignified and classy aka not looking over done (i.e ricer)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Im not a fan of bali blue i Prefer the Baltic Blue instead, but that being said i do like actual style of your RR, you don't see many RR with great after market look while still looking dignified and classy aka not looking over done (i.e ricer)
thanks, i think? :D

Baltic Blue...sure, if I wanted to get lost in the masses. Bali really stands out, thats what i was looking for this time around. 2EHO - I say it enuf, its about time for an acronym "to each his own" :)

is this more ricer for you, or still in good taste???

41 - 60 of 70 Posts