Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm a clothing fiend. Being of the "big and tall" stature, I find it difficult to find apparel that is both flattering and stylish. Things like Ed Harvey, Varvatos, R&R, True Religion, etc just aren't made in my size. Even if I wasn't fat, it'd be difficult to find them for my height as well. So I generally have to get custom ordered shirts, and I just picked up the five newest examples today.

They are all stayed collars, the two on the right are french cuff (clipped) with my monogram (orange and blue respectively).

To compliment that, I had to buy new shoes and jeans of course! I need to take the jeans back because I don't like how they fit (too shallow in the crotch and there is nothing worse than not having enough junk room).

Anyway, here are the new shoes: (Sketchers, 2x Cole Haan's, Florshiem, Adidas Shellers).

Did I do good?:bow1:

·
L4P Judge Jury & The Executioner
5,783 Posts
What shoes are those on the far left?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice wears my man - You need to talk to Derek Abraham996 - he has the hook up on Big and Tall stuff.
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

I'd love to design some wear for big & tall clients. Big & Tall stores have, for the most part, utter CRAP that is not flattering to big folks at all. Horizontal stripes all over the place, it is really sad.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I like the shirts, where did you order them from? Not custom made, but I've had a lot of luck with BigMen.com. What kind of jeans did you end up getting? 9 times out 10 I end up just buying Polo jeans.

·
5,783 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the shirts, where did you order them from? Not custom made, but I've had a lot of luck with BigMen.com. What kind of jeans did you end up getting? 9 times out 10 I end up just buying Polo jeans.
If I could find Polo Jean Company Haydens, I'd buy them out. Casual Male and Rochester both stopped carrying them.

I got the shirts from Rochester's Individualized program. The shirts fit great as well. The white one, which is a textured material, is awesome too.

The paisley is great, I was talked in to it. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it based on the swatch and $300 was a pretty big gamble to take, but I think it will work nicely as a club shirt.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
upper left look like REEBO* so I'm assuming reebok

·
5,783 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

I'd love to design some wear for big & tall clients. Big & Tall stores have, for the most part, utter CRAP that is not flattering to big folks at all. Horizontal stripes all over the place, it is really sad.
I know it's bullshit man! I'm tall as hell but definitely not big. The only way to get shirts that fit right is to buy them wayyyy too baggy so the sleeves are long enough, then get them tailored. It adds 25$ onto every nice shirt I buy...focking BS!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
upper left look like REEBO* so I'm assuming reebok
Reebok Classic Aces. I usually have at least three pairs in the house. The grungy pair that gets worn when doing dirty tasks or on rainy/muddy days, the decently clean pair that get worn out and about with no major scuffs or discoloration, and the brand new pair that only get worn when the daily part aren't crispy enough to go out in and then they all rotate and I buy a new pair that sit in the closet waiting for their turn.

I'm a nutjob, I know it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts