Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, in true WB fashion we go above and beyond what you normally see out there. We have all see the 20/20 setups on most R8's out there, we didn't stop there. We wanted a 20/21 setup that topped the richter scale. Now this has been a controversial setup for some time, well we are here to say that, "IT WORKS"!!! We went with a 20x9 and 21x12.5 HRE P101 in satin monster green and wrapped those in 245/30/20 and 375/20/21. Let us know what you think about this setup, because we LOVE IT!

Specs:

20x9
21x12.5

245/30/20
375/20/21

·
Registered
827 Posts
love it...fuk...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Saw the title and thought the car was going to be green. I love that setup and color combo. Are there any rubbing issues at all?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't take what I am about to say/ask in a negative way. I think the car looks great (color isn't absolutely ideal for my personal preference though...). The question is when changing the ratio between tire width from front to rear that drastically from stock doesn't it have negative effects in the cars handling - particularly on an AWD car? The factory car has 235's in the front and 305's(?) in the rear. You're running a setup that's way outside of the stock ratio. Comments? I'm honestly curious to know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't take what I am about to say/ask in a negative way. I think the car looks great (color isn't absolutely ideal for my personal preference though...). The question is when changing the ratio between tire width from front to rear that drastically from stock doesn't it have negative effects in the cars handling - particularly on an AWD car? The factory car has 235's in the front and 305's(?) in the rear. You're running a setup that's way outside of the stock ratio. Comments? I'm honestly curious to know.
I'm sure it does alter the handling characteristics negatively...I'm curious to know the specifics of it as well.

That being said.....GORGEOUS....i love whacky colors and this hits the spot.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I believe the width doesn't affect much. Its the tire diameter that needs to be as close as possible as stock diameter. (3% difference max) Thats how it is for my Jeep. It aint an R8 but same concept..

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I also question making changes like that on an AWD car but if it drives fine that's great.
My real comment is the lime green color on the wheels. I could deal with it better if the top were not black.
An all-white car with whatever color wheels would flow better.
This way the top needs to be down all the time.
But I wouldn't do this in any form. It's actually not that bad just not for me. I'm too old skool.
I'm still riding on wheels with brushed center and chrome lips.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Guys simple explanation is it fits with in AWD ratio of the R8 already hes put 5k miles already on this set up. When we create a new fitment like when we did 1st R8 on 325 rears or 1st sls on 375 or GTR on 375 then 355 We always calculate all specs and take into consideration the gearing of the car This falls in line perfect with R8 no issues no mods no rubbing. Bolt and on enjoy only thing car must be lowered.
for the math guys oem front 235/35/19 = 25.5 od and 245/30/20 =25.7
And oem rear 305/30/19 = 26.2 and 375/20/21 = 26.5 od its really not a 375 lol. even thought pirelli calls it 375

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Looks great! Love that you guys put in that extra effort to make sure there won't be rubbing on the cars.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice! Wish I had balls to apply such drastic colors. When I did my ADV05 on my red SL65, I couldn't even muster up the nerve to do red center caps. That green is so prominent though, and maybe some other small green accents on the car would look good too. We have all seen black cars do green accents, and usually looks pretty good.

·
14,490 Posts
No.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts