Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Holy! You're making it really tough for me to resist. I guess I am thinking of maintenance costs out of warranty as well though. So yours is a 05 as well? That's the thing with Bentley's they haven't changed them THAT much plus there aren't that many around anyway for people to compare old vs new. Did you look into the maintenance of the vehicle prior to purchasing or plan to just worry about it when something comes up? That's what I usually do and it's not a good practice. The brake job on my car almost costs 6K, I don't want to end up having to pay 10K on these lol.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
^ 6k and 10K for a brake job what cars???

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am saying that I am worried about the maintenance on the Bentley's costing that much. The brake job (all 4 rotors and pads) on the performance pack AMG is just North of the $4K mark. I've ready quotes as high as $6200 as well. I haven't had to get one done yet but the minimum I've read is around $3500 mark and that's with non OEM pads/rotors. The performance pack rotors are huge and they are drilled, slotted and two piece, so quite expensive. I am just wondering what's it like to maintain a Bentley especially out of warranty cause that's a huge concern for me.

Also, OP is this your daily driver? Does it snow where you reside? Is the car AWD? How's the gas consumption...it's bad enough on my 6.2L V8 and I can't even imagine on the W12's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
^^
Gas mileage on Bentley GTs has always been known to be terrible! They are thirsty cars.
Most owners I know complain the fuel economy is pretty bad. Spend any amount of time driving one, and you can literally almost see the gas gauge drop (as I've done numerous times.)
Worth it though :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great question shakalaka...I'm also interested on the up keep for them. Oil changes, brake job, services, etc...

Also OP, since you have lowering links - is that the lowest it can be set at? How's the ride now?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Those wheels and black grille looks SO good. I really didn't even notice the bodykit right away it looks so good!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I am saying that I am worried about the maintenance on the Bentley's costing that much. The brake job (all 4 rotors and pads) on the performance pack AMG is just North of the $4K mark. I've ready quotes as high as $6200 as well. I haven't had to get one done yet but the minimum I've read is around $3500 mark and that's with non OEM pads/rotors. The performance pack rotors are huge and they are drilled, slotted and two piece, so quite expensive. I am just wondering what's it like to maintain a Bentley especially out of warranty cause that's a huge concern for me.

Also, OP is this your daily driver? Does it snow where you reside? Is the car AWD? How's the gas consumption...it's bad enough on my 6.2L V8 and I can't even imagine on the W12's.
Oh god this car is terrible, I mean TERRIBLE on gas. Average about 9-11 mainly stop and go with some highway.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I really like those wheels. Nicely done.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I built a GT very similar to yours a few years back and they are A LOT of fun to modify. The lines work with so many wheel setups..

I did the GIAC software upgrade on this one and you can actually watch the fuel gauge move... LOL. Over 600HP is good fun though:clap:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I feel like they are on backwards, they are probably supposed to be like that but its throwing me off. Nice car otherwise :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Love this car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like them wheels look better on passenger side direction on drivers side does look like it should be facing the other way

·
Registered
159 Posts
That looks crisp! :bow1:

Loving the new wheels too.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts