Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer we had the pleasure of polishing a very special aircraft. "T Square 54" (44-69729) was nicknamed the "last b-29" as it is thought it is was the last salvageable (mostly complete) B-29 airframe.

She had flown over 35 combat missions on Japan in WWII and as a tanker in the Korea war.

She was pulled from China Lake sometime in the mid 80s.

She had undergone varies stages of restoration since and had been stored outside at the former Lowry AFB in Denver and at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

When we got the call to shine her up she had been restored and was tucked away in a hanger at Boeing Field in Seattle.

Some of her skins were original WWII era with a few panels being newer. All needed attention.

·
Registered
395 Posts
that's a lot of hard work but man doesn't that war bird shine!

Being that close to such history is great!

thanks for the cool post

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Amazing restoration and what an opportunity you guys had to work on such a plane. Great work to all of you.

Some say he juggled seven Humvees for an hour.

·
Registered
162 Posts
WOW! Thats awesome!

Nice job guys,looks like a mammoth effort but she looks amazing!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Very cool. Lets see a shot while its in the air.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Being that close to history was amazing! We also got to crawl inside the aircraft, from nose to tail. We even got a demo of the weapons system which is the only operational B-29 weapons system left. Thanks for the compliments!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Amazing, great job.
I saw the Enola Gay at the Smithsonian and that was amazing I could just imagine working on one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Word has it that a large corp. (I think it is Microsoft) bought the hanger. They will tear it down and build a new one to house executive's toys.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts