Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Koenigsegg Agera R Is Basically Idiot Proof

TheSmokingTire/Matt Farah - "I drove the Agera R too and it was fucking nuts. The sheer speed is one thing, but the brakes were otherworldly, the chassis is perfect, and the stability control helps keep the illusion of imminent death just that: an illusion. With stability left on, it would take a moron of catastrophic proportions to crash one. With it turned off, you get wheel spin well into third and get to learn how easy it is to slide!
Make no mistake , this car is way too fast for public roads. But it's a hell of a way to spend a million bucks, and it's the best thing I've ever driven. The view inside the cockpit is worth the price alone. My review is on the super speeders 7 DVD, and probably again on Drive when we go back to Angelholm next year."

More from Matt here 12:36 in.

Podcast 86: Concours d'Ignorance | The Smoking Tire

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guy Who Called Koenigsegg Agera R A 'Hunk Of Shit' Destroys McLaren

When asked if there’s anyone to whom he won’t sell a car, von Koenigsegg replies that until recently he’d always said yes to anyone who could afford to buy one. That’s changed.
“We now say no if we think they’re not the right buyer,” he says, adding that certain people are simply too much trouble. “It doesn’t happen often, but that’s quite a nice thing to be able to do.”

Million-Dollar Hypercars Lure Elite to Swedish Craftsmanship* - Bloomberg

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Pretty sure this is up for post of the year^

All of that aside and back to the car, it truly is amazing what they were able to do with it. Not only does it slay the Veyron, and Super Sport, but it also handles, and brakes! A true "Total Package". I would like to see any other car do what the Agera R did in that video with the steering, braking, and the stability control. Bravo to the team at Koenigesgg once again :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
When asked if there’s anyone to whom he won’t sell a car, von Koenigsegg replies that until recently he’d always said yes to anyone who could afford to buy one. That’s changed.
I don't know if this is really a new thing. I think #033 was also "taken back" from a customer that wasn't seen as a good customer. And Koenigsegg Norway bought THREE(?) cars from Auto Forum that was put out for sale under conditions that Koenigsegg (Norway?) didn't like..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts