Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have one? I've found a 50th anniversary model at what I believe to be a great price. I know quite a few peeps on here are very hands on when it comes to putting their homes together and I'd be greatful for any input anyone can share.

Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sitting in mine right now, absolutely love it. I have had mine for 11 years and it is still holding up strong, looking into some leather conditioner however. Anyways my point is I highly recommend it, timeless design, comfortable and you will have it forever as long as you take good care of it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When I first saw it I knew it was the ultimate chair, before I got around to buying one I looked all over locally to try and find a similar chair for my library area and for the lounge area in my condo but even chairs double the price just dont have the comfort and style of it.
Definitely get it if you can get a hold of one, I had to buy both of mine online and wait like 2 weeks, but it was well worth it.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Where did you get yours? I've been trying to source some modern furniture/interiors distributors that ship here.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
My parents always had a set when I was growing up, they just recently had them re-apolstered (sp?) And they look great. To buy them trry Design Within Reach http://www.dwr.com/ or even try craigs list to find old ones. Iif the frame is good they can be recovered for a fraction of the new price.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Design Within Reach has them on sale right now... And I found some on Kijiji.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Love these chairs!

I have one of them myself and love it. I am getting the leather refinished right now.

One of the best places to find a great deal on a "vintage" Eames is actually on craigslist. You can get them for an 1/8 of DWR price but you just need to know what to look out for because there are a ton of fakes. PM me if you need more info!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Another love of mine is the Barcelona chair.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I actually just purchased another chair this weekend. I will be restoring it if anyone is interested in it! I'll post pictures soon.

·
5,744 Posts
On the hunt for one of these for my new office at our new building.

-Markus-

·
Registered
740 Posts
On the hunt for one of these for my new office at our new building.

-Markus-
What wood/leather are you looking for? Do you want an original Eames or would you rather have a Plycraft. Both have cult followings and some prefer a Plycraft even though it is striking similar to the Eames original!

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
I Have the Barcelona Chair and my entire office is Herman Miller, worth every penny. All of our workstations was designed by them and its truly amazing.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I Have the Barcelona Chair and my entire office is Herman Miller, worth every penny. All of our workstations was designed by them and its truly amazing.
I love the Barcelona Chair as well. Herman Miller makes the best stuff. Are you using their Aeron chair?

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
No Aeron chair. When I read the history about the Barcelona chair I was blown away. Truly a chair that still is one of the best modern chairs ever designed. Always wanted one, it is def very pricy but a keeper.

I love the Barcelona Chair as well. Herman Miller makes the best stuff. Are you using their Aeron chair?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Only six hours a day!? You are lucky! I was at my desk yesterday for 14 hours and it was Sunday!
I'm a very active individual - I just can't sit still (ADHD doesn't help..:lol:) I average 12-14 hours/day at the office; I just can't manage to stay seated - no matter how amazingly comfortable the Aeron chair is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts