Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the supercars we'd borrowed off some very kind manufacturers to be the steeds for last weekend's convoy run up to the Wilton House Supercar show started to trickle into the PH Towers car park last Friday, it was very much like Christmas Eve.

How so? Because while we were locked up in the PH office (well, not locked, but you know what I mean) several hundred thousand pounds-worth of supercar indulgence turned up in our car park.

By the end of the working day a Mercedes SLS AMG (£157,500), an Aston Martin DBS (£170,500), a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (£174,840), and a somewhat overwhelmed PH Fleet BMW M6 (£87,335) were all sitting in our car park saying 'drive me'. Garlick's ride, a 911 GT3 with sufficient options to take its price up to £107k, turned up later that evening.

And when you've managed to gather together nigh-on £600k of supercar it's very hard to sleep. So, like a pack of five-year-olds on Christmas Morning, we were up before the sparrows, and decided to meet up in London for a run around the capital.

By 3.45am, we were all gathered by Chelsea Bridge, including Mr Will in a Ford Focus RS500 'chase car', and set off for a run around the West End and Embankment, even as Friday night's revellers were still at large.

As you can see from the pictures, courtesy of PHer and pro-snapper GFWilliams, there was plenty of fun to be had, even before we met the rest of the Wilton House Convoy in Belgravia at 6am for the convoy proper...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Pagani Zonda = :drool2:

Looks like a good time!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was opposed to the design of the Zonda, until now...

I am in love with this particular Zonda, I need to find out who the owner is and locate more pictures.

I think I can appreciate the aggressive design of a Zonda better in motion than when it is at a stand still, idk.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ That Zonda is on loan from Bob Fostners of Park Lane London ^^

i took some snaps of it at Wilton House but yes i have to agree in motion they look amazing

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well done Mr. Fostners of Park Lane London, well done, sir. He is one lucky fellow.

I read your thread with the supercar photos you took at Wilton House; I don't know how I missed this Zonda. I'll have to go read it again, there were so many cars to admire in one thread.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was opposed to the design of the Zonda, until now...

I am in love with this particular Zonda, I need to find out who the owner is and locate more pictures.

I think I can appreciate the aggressive design of a Zonda better in motion than when it is at a stand still, idk.
Im with you on that comment, I wasnt really a big fan of the Zonda until I saw this rolling shot of it, especially since its in blue which my fav color, I think im in love.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi all,

My google alerts just picked up my name in the OP, so I thought I'd share my experience.

I am the photographer who took all the pictures in the OP.

The morning was epic. I started at 3:00 in Kingstone waiting for my ride in the SLS up to Chelsea Bridge. The SLS is an odd car as it is very big, but feels quite cramped inside it. it does sound good, but I was hoping for it to be a bit louder. We arrived at about 3:30 and started the day with a burger at the tea hut (had to be done!). I then shot the first shot and a few more then we headed off. This time I got in the new Superlegerra. The amount of carbon fibre in the Superlegera is unreal. It's all around you and most certainly in a good way. The car made the SLS sound s*** it made such a nice sound! We then went on to do a few tunnels which was quite an amazing experience seeing these brand new cars blasting through the tunnels! I then hopped in the DBS while the other cars went and picked up their passengers from around London. Man is the DBS refined compared to the others! I then travelled down to Thruxton in the DBS. Very quick, but so effortless.

At Thruxton I was lucky enough to have a ride in a 996 GT2, Godzilla (an R35 GT-R with 650bhp) and an R34 Skyline GT-R, which was driven by the Earl. Amazing experiences all three of them, but Godzilla was just in a different league to every other car there (even the McLaren F1!).

Back in the DBS and on to Wilton House. The entrance was amazing, but we felt that it would have been even better if we had a louder car... Quite hard to get noticed in a grey Aston when there is an orange Gallardo Spyder in front with a tubi and the new Superlegerra behind! Still and amazing experience though and I'm thankful to Pistonheads for letting me ride shotgun!

I even got a ride in the Focus RS500 on the way back. My conclusions on that car is that it is very very very quick and that there is no need for RWD or 4WD as it just gripped, even in the wet...

I hope you like my little insight into the day :)

George

·
Premium Member
17,966 Posts
Very cool story George. Thanks for sharing. I am on Pistonheads as well. Great site and always good peeps there.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi all,

My google alerts just picked up my name in the OP, so I thought I'd share my experience...
Thanks for taking the time to join and share an amazing story to go with your remarkable photos. Welcome to the 4!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts