Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I warned you guys that my 4x4 habit is worse than my car habit. This is my new FourRunner Trail Edition I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It is frustrating because it is so new and the bumpers and sliders have yet to hit the market... so I am forced to be patient which is extremely tough for me. I drive this rig A LOT. Even with the lift and 33" tires, it drives better than my Dodge 1500.

·
5,744 Posts
I think that officially takes over as my favorite of all the rigs I've seen you have. LOVE 4Runners, and this thing is perfect.

-Markus-

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wait... I'm talking to a guy on Monday about buiding a set of aluminum bumpers for the front and the rear.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
looks great Thomas.

Shrockworks makes sliders for the 5th gen 2010+

I would imagine ARB is working on a bumper, I think this year SEMA will have a lot of new 4Runner products.

custom bumpers...maybe you will keep this one longer than a month :D

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks great Thomas.

Shrockworks makes sliders for the 5th gen 2010+

I would imagine ARB is working on a bumper, I think this year SEMA will have a lot of new 4Runner products.

custom bumpers...maybe you will keep this one longer than a month :D
I've got the Shrockworks sliders on order and they should be here in about a month.

Talked to ARB in Seattle and they are looking at SEMA before they have any products to ship. Apparently, this front end design is way out of the ordinary and they are having to go to square one with the design. Can't use any of the other design parts for other Toyotas laying around.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
sick. looks good

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
looks great Thomas, the new 4runner models are such a big upgrade in appearance, in my opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Awesome rig!

I'm on my 4th 4runner as a daily driver, and oddly enough I started with a 2007 and worked backwards. I now have a built 2000 4runner, OME 3" lift w/front & rear lockers, Warn winch, Mickey Thompson wheels, etc etc.

I've never had a single issue with any of them and I've put easily 100k miles on them over the years.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm beyond surprised you haven't bought a Raptor yet, but nice four runner regardless!
I'm waiting on the four door to come out and become more common. I have to have a four door to drive daily because of the kids.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
How many kids you got? This was the same thing my fiance told me get the 4 door but what does she know. The 2011 Raptors are coming with a few new goodies.

I'm waiting on the four door to come out and become more common. I have to have a four door to drive daily because of the kids.

·
Deer Whisperer
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome rig!

I'm on my 4th 4runner as a daily driver, and oddly enough I started with a 2007 and worked backwards. I now have a built 2000 4runner, OME 3" lift w/front & rear lockers, Warn winch, Mickey Thompson wheels, etc etc.

I've never had a single issue with any of them and I've put easily 100k miles on them over the years.

That looks sweet! I love Toyota offroad products. They just work right and are hard to break.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I kinda figured that would be your answer after I posted. We don't get orders for the 2011's for a few more weeks but it shouldn't take too long for them to be readily available.

·
Registered
419 Posts
4Runners are great. I'm at a little over 150k on my 3rd Gen and still going strong. Mine is stock with the factory locker in the rear axle. I just put about 600 miles on it a couple of weeks ago including about 30-40 miles driving on the beach.

This is what it looked like after I got back from WV in the big blizzard that hit last winter. There was over a foot and a half of snow on the roads at 2:30 a.m. when I got to the cabin. She chugged along for hours through the snow in places that I never would have wanted to be stranded.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts