Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello L4P'ers! It's been awhile since I posted, but thought it would be fun to take a look at the progression of car wraps my E60 M5.

It started out as a black car, but the day it arrived 2 years ago it immediately went to my friend's shop to get wrapped in 3M matte white (photos I've posted before):

Then I decided to do something ridiculous and have an artist friend hand paint 3,000 words (with paint pens) on the car to pay homage to my crazy marketing company and the sponsors that support me. Here are a few photos and a video:

I never planned on having the hand painted car forever and finally found a color I liked to rewrap with. The current wrap is a Hexis material and is a very unique grey that looks like light grey in bright light and gunmetal in the shade/night. Couple photos from this past week:

Hope you enjoy the progression and I'll never paint a car again!

Jason

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Interesting, I've been thinking of wrapping my black 430 spider white.
How is the quality of the wrap?
The gray looks like lambo gray, nice!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
+1 on the gray, that is my favorite. Next, the white, then the green words which do not look bad, but definitely not my style.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The matte white looks so good.
I loved the matte white, but it was insanely difficult to keep clean. Maybe if the car was painted matte white... But the wrap got grease smudges and showed every ounce of dirt.

The 3M material (matte white) was okay, but it's a cheaper material and was the only one available at the time. Did it peel up? Not at all. Did it stand up to a lot of washing and driving? Sure did. Now that the Hexis material (gray wrap) is out, it's much more durable. I'll let you know in 2-3 weeks as I've only had the car for a few days ;)

I was thinking more Ferrari grigio medio... either way, looks amazing!!
Thanks!

+1 on the gray, that is my favorite. Next, the white, then the green words which do not look bad, but definitely not my style.
Appreciate the feedback and the gray is much more my style too!

They grey looks a little army green to me....might just be my monitor.
Definitely your monitor, no green at all in it.

Great looking M5!! Especially like that last color!
Thank you!

Very cool!
:)

All three wraps were perfect man. You have great taste my friend... my favorite is the last wrap.
Thanks Sam, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Interested in updates on the Hexis material and its durability. That grey looks unbelievable, is it in fact grigio medio?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interested in updates on the Hexis material and its durability. That grey looks unbelievable, is it in fact grigio medio?
It's not matched to any paint color on any car, there is another wrap company that can paint match and it costs about $3000-3500 for the material alone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts